L&N Train Bowl @L&N STEM Academy Dec. 2 Knoxville, TN

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
magistermangone
Kimahri

L&N Train Bowl @L&N STEM Academy Dec. 2 Knoxville, TN

Post by magistermangone »

The L&N STEM Academy is happy to announce our 2nd Annual L&N Train Bowl. This event will be held at the L&N STEM Academy in Knoxville,TN on December 2nd.

Logistics
The tournament will take place at the L&N STEM Academy, 401 Henley Street, Knoxville TN, 37902.

Full stats will be kept for the tournament.

Games will be using NAQT rules with 20 untimed tossups and bonuses with powers and negs.
An awards ceremony will be held at the conclusion of the tournament where we will present the winning team and top scorers with prizes. Specifics TBD.

Directions
Please use these directions to get to the school. The street address will not bring you to the correct location.

From I-40E
Take exit 388 US-441S/Henley Street toward Downtown, keep right at the fork toward Summit Hill Ave. Turn left onto Western Ave. Turn left onto L and N Station Drive. Turn left onto Worlds Fair Park Drive. Then turn left into the school.

From I-40W
Take exit 387 for Ailor Avenue NW. Turn right onto Ailor Avenue (look for signs for 17th and Western Ave). Turn right onto 17th St. Turn Left onto Grand Ave. Turn right onto Worlds Fair Park Drive ( You will cross train tracks right before). Turn left into the school.

From I-75S
Keep left to merge onto I-275S. Use the right lane to keep right at the fork and follow signs for I-75/I-40 Chattanooga/Nashville. Keep right, follow signs for US-441S Henley Street. Keep right, follow signs for TN-62/Western Ave/Summit Hill Drive. Use the left lane to turn left onto Western Ave. Turn left onto L and N Station Drive. Turn left onto Worlds Fair Park Drive. Turn left into the school.

Schedule
8:00 — Arrive at school for registration and buzzer turn in
8:30 — Pre-tournament meeting
9:00 — Start of round 1

We will provide a more detailed schedule once the final field has been set.

Lunch
Lunch will be on your own. There are tons of options within walking distance or a short drive. There are also places that will deliver to the school (Jimmy Johns, Papa Johns, Dominos etc.)

Registration
The field will be capped at 24 teams. All teams registering after the 24 cap will be placed on a waitlist to be moved up in case of cancellations. If you have any questions please feel free to email Alex Mangone ([email protected])
Please fill out the Google Form below to register!

https://goo.gl/forms/ThlrAD86IExDyzjn2

Packet
NAQT Invitational Series # 172

Fee Structure
Base Fee: $65
Working Buzzer Discount: $5 per system (must be useable for 4 vs 4 team structure)
Staffer Discount: $10 per staffer (experienced moderator or scorekeeper)
Distance Discount: $5 for every 100 miles traveled (one way as determined by google maps)
Minimum fee: $40
Please make any checks out to L&N STEM Academy. Payment the day of is acceptable. If you need W9 information please contact us.
Alex Mangone
L&N STEM Academy
dablasian
Lulu

Re: L&N Train Bowl @L&N STEM Academy Dec. 2 Knoxville, TN

Post by dablasian »

Will there be a field update soon?
Adithyan Sujithkumar
Oak Ridge '18
magistermangone
Kimahri

Re: L&N Train Bowl @L&N STEM Academy Dec. 2 Knoxville, TN

Post by magistermangone »

I must sadly announce that the tournament is cancelled for now due to lack of interest. If we are able to reschedule this post will be updated. Thank you to everyone who showed interest!
Alex Mangone
L&N STEM Academy