5th Annual Brindlee Mountain Middle School Tourney - 10/22

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
quizbowllee
Auron

5th Annual Brindlee Mountain Middle School Tourney - 10/22

Post by quizbowllee »

I realize that this is a high school forum, but I am hoping that some of you high school coaches might pass this along to any interested middle school teams in the southeast. We are especially interested in getting some teams from from outside of Alabama for a change. Here is the invite:

Dear Coaches,

I am pleased to invite you and your teams to the 5th Annual Brindlee Mountain Middle School Scholar’s Bowl Tournament! The tournament will be held on Saturday, October 22, 2005. As usual, the tournament will utilize ASCA format and rules. Play will commence in two divisions, one for grades 5-6 and one for grades 7-8 (players in 5th-6th grades may play up).

Registration this year will be $50.00 per team with a $5 discount for bringing a WORKING buzzer system. Also, the questions will be available for sell for $25.00. Please include this in your registration fee.

We are hoping for a huge turnout this year. We can accommodate as many as 150 teams this year – so please feel free to let ALL of your players compete! If you plan to attend, PLEASE e-mail me at [email protected] ASAP so I’ll know how many teams to expect.

Brindlee Mountain High School
c/o Lee Henry
994 Scant City Rd.
Guntersville, AL 35976

School: ________________________

School Address: ______________________________________________

School Phone: ___________________________ Fax: _____________________

Coach(es): ______________________ Coach’s phone: ___________________

Number of Div. I teams (7-8): _______ Number of Div. II teams (5-6): ________

Number of buzzer systems you will bring: _______________

Do you wish to purchase questions (add $25.00): _____________

Sincerely,

Lee Henry
Brindlee Mountain Middle School/High School
Quiz Bowl Coach
Lee Henry
AP English Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
Cullman, AL

prewitt81
Lulu

Post by prewitt81 »

Edmonson County Middle School would like to thank Coach Henry and all of the volunteers at Brindlee Mountain for putting on a fine tournament. In the 5th/6th division and what I saw of the 7th/8th playoffs, the moderators were excellent and the rounds moved along very smoothly. The opposing coaches, parents, and staff could not have been more hospitable. It was well worth the trip.

My only regret is that we cannot attend the high school tourney in December.
"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."

Jeff Prewitt
Head Coach
Edmonson County HS Academic Team
Brownsville, KY

quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

I'd like to thank everyone involved in the 5th Annual Brindlee Mountain Middle School Invitational. I feel that we had a great tournament with very few logistical glitches.

I got a lot of feedback on the questions - mostly good. They were very challenging for a middle school tournament. Regardless, though, I was very impressed with the high scores - especially in the 5th/6th grade division. In many cases, the younger teams were outscoring the 7th/8th grade teams.

When all the dust had settled, these were the results.

Div. I (7th/8th)

1st - Brindlee Mountain Middle School
2nd - Russellville Middle School
3rd - Cullman Middle School
4th - Edmonson County (Ky) Middle School

Div. II (5th/6th)

1st - Edmonson County
2nd - East Elementary School (Cullman)
3rd - Brindlee Mountain Middle School
Lee Henry
AP English Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
Cullman, AL

Matthew D
Yuna

Post by Matthew D »

I have to agree there were some high scores especially for the 5th/6th graders that I happened to get the please of moderating for the entire day.. Good tournament Lee...