HS ACF Fall Mirror :: Youngstown State :: 5 Nov 2016

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
MahoningQuizBowler
Rikku

HS ACF Fall Mirror :: Youngstown State :: 5 Nov 2016

Post by MahoningQuizBowler »

Youngstown State will host Ohio's first-ever HS-only mirror of ACF Fall on Saturday, November 5, 2016. We hope to see top teams from northeast Ohio as well as Western Pennsylvania, Western New York, and West Virginia as well.

This event will, most likely, be held in DeBartolo Hall; the actual site will be confirmed shortly after the fall semester begins.

Registration is, due to the unique nature of the event, handled as follows:

First, please write to me at quizboss at att dot net with school name, contact name and (optional) phone number, number of teams, buzzer count, and staffer information. This allows me to know that you're attending so that the YSU club and I can plan.

Second, fill out the central ACF Fall registration form at https://goo.gl/forms/2lxF3Dgf42j2V0772 with all relevant information. This allows ACF to know that you will attend, so that they can settle entry fees and other logistics.

Both of these steps are required; please do them simultaneously. If you are interested in attending but cannot confirm your registration quite yet, feel free to e-mail me that information and I will note your interest.

The base fee is $135 per the new ACF policy in the global announcement. Shorthanded teams of 1 or 2 players play for $60. Three player teams are not considered shorthanded. Buzzer discounts are $5 per functional system. Staff discounts are $10 per competent staffer.

High school teams _do not_ have to write packets for ACF Fall.

Payment for ACF Fall will be processed through ACF treasurer Gautam Kandlikar. He will get in touch with you about how much your team owes, how to pay for the tournament, etc. Please contact Gautam at [email protected] with any questions regarding payment.

Please note that high school teams cannot play collegiate sites of ACF Fall, which is why these high school mirror sites exist.
Greg Bossick
Director, Mahoning Quizbowl League (2004-2011, 2013-present)
Director, NAQT Ohio Small School State Championship (2018-present)
Executive Director, Ohio Academic Competition (2013-2016)