Some Final PACE Details

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Some Final PACE Details

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

For those of you joining us in Orlando this weekend for the PACE NSC, a couple things:

Valencia is providing some drinks (about six hundred individual drinks, enough for three per person) both days: a variety of soft drinks (with emphasis on the quizbowler's ol' reliable, Mountain Dew), as well as water and coffee. And when those run out there are numerous vending machines available.

As you likely know by now, registration begins around 8 a.m. Saturday with a team meeting at 9 a.m. in Building 5, Room 111. That auditorium is just off the atrium of Bldg. 5, in which we'll have the drinks in coolers. Your best parking option is the Beta parking lot, which is between Bldg. 5 and our SSB (Student Services) Building, which is easily identified by its curved, glassed-in roof with the letters "SSB" prominently displayed. Once parked there, and facing SSB, Bldg. 5 is to your left. If you drive in our southernmost entrance, the Beta lot will be the third parking lot on your right. If you go in our northern entrance (which you'll only do if you miss the southern entrance!), it will be the third on your left. Below is a link to a Valencia West Campus map:
http://valenciacc.edu/aboutus/locations/west_campus.asp

You'll pass many lunch options on Kirkman Road on your way from the Doubletree Hotel to the campus; we'll also have a rough map of nearby eateries available. We won't be providing any breakfast sustenance, so you'll want to eat before you arrive. You'll pass a couple McDonald's, a Burger King, a Starbucks (on your right just before campus next to a BP gas station), an Einstein's Bagels (on your right just before Conroy Road), and a Denny's (on your right after Conroy but before HB McLeod) on your way over.

And though I'll mention this at our opening meeting, please be aware that there will be some classes meeting Saturday, so we ask that talk during registration and between matches be kept at a lower volume. I reckon on Sunday you can be as loud as you want.

I'm looking forward to an exciting and competitive tournament and want y'all to enjoy your time in Orlando. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. See you Saturday!
--chris borglum
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

Repeating from PACE Information thread:

Here's the 2005 NSC Rules Document for review.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
First Chairman
Auron

NSC 2005 Preliminary Divisions

Post by First Chairman »

For those who are interested, here are the preliminary divisions for this weekend's NSC

Maul
Brindlee Mountain C
Brookwood B
Clover Hill
Detroit Catholic Central
Fort Mill
Gonzaga
Maggie Walker B
Richard Montgomery

Sidious
ASFA
Brookwood A
Centennial B
Central Hardin B
Heritage A
St. John’s
State College A
Walter Johnson

Tyranus
Brindlee Mountain B
Brookwood C
Central Hardin A
Hardee Senior
Maggie Walker A
Solon
State College B
Thomas Jefferson B

Vader
Brindlee Mountain A
Centennial A
Culver Academies
Dorman
Heritage B
Maggie Walker C
Mission San Jose
Thomas Jefferson A
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My A-team's gonna love this!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Lee Henry
AP English Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
Cullman, AL
steven-lamp
Tidus

Post by steven-lamp »

Heh, have fun with that one, man. Looks like Tyranus is the "easiest" pool, if you could call any of them easy.
No Sollositing On Premise
Yuna

Post by No Sollositing On Premise »

Just like last year, none of those brackets are actually "easy." I've been informed that TJ will be missing one of the four A team members for day one of PACE, so that might be some consolation to all of the Vader people agonizing over having to play TJ, Dorman, Culver and San Jose. Too bad there's no Lakeside, Dupont, or Raleigh Charter (Exams? Funds?).
Mike Sollosi, University of Virginia
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

laszlow wrote:Just like last year, none of those brackets are actually "easy." I've been informed that TJ will be missing one of the four A team members for day one of PACE, so that might be some consolation to all of the Vader people agonizing over having to play TJ, Dorman, Culver and San Jose. Too bad there's no Lakeside, Dupont, or Raleigh Charter (Exams? Funds?).
Actually, just like every year... :)

RC had exams, I think (right Eric?). The other two did not express interest (because they probably didn't know about it). Pikeville had expressed interest but couldn't afford going doing both PACE and Panasonic. Or that's what people have told me.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
---
bigtrain
Rikku

Post by bigtrain »

Good luck to everyone! I anticipate having a good time competing, even though we will be without our captain :roll: .
Alex Price
Walter Johnson 2006
Emory University 2010