Marist WIT (Atlanta, GA) / HFT Mirror, January 9th

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
dhswise
Lulu

Marist WIT (Atlanta, GA) / HFT Mirror, January 9th

Post by dhswise »

Marist School is pleased to host its 4th Winter Invitational Tournament (WIT) on Saturday, January 9th.

FIELD
The tournament will be a true invitational, showcasing the very best teams of Georgia quiz bowl. The field will therefore be limited to 12-ish teams, with a minimum goal of 10 teams. Teams will be invited, in tiers, and the field will only be expanded periodically, assuring that we have as many of the top teams as possible in attendance, while maintaining our cap on the field. Invitations will be sent out following each major tournament in Georgia and any out of state tournaments that I'm aware of.

The first round of invitations is going out today, and then probably a few more after CATT, then MSFIT, and the early December tournaments.

QUESTIONS
This year we will be using the Harvard Fall Tournament (HFT X). To learn more about the set, read here,
http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... 09&t=17457

FEES
The cost will be $75, which includes four players’ lunches and one coach’s lunch. Proceeds will go to (a yet-to-be-determined charity). We ask that you consider including an additional donation in your registration fee to support the charity.

FORMAT
We will run a single round robin, which will have each team play all other teams in the field, guaranteeing a good number of games against some of the best competition in the state. We will not use bounce back bonuses. We will use both powers and negs again this year.

We look forward to a great day of competition!
Last edited by dhswise on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rand Wise
[email protected]

Marist School, Atlanta, Georgia
dhswise
Lulu

Re: Marist WIT (Atlanta, GA) / HFT Mirror, January 9th

Post by dhswise »

Field: 14/14
Alpharetta
Chamblee
Chattahoochee A
Chattahoochee B
Dunwoody
Eastside
Johns Creek
Lakeside (Dekalb)
Marist
North Atlanta
North Gwinnett
Northview A
Northview B
Walton

Declined:
Bainbridge
Parkview
Rand Wise
[email protected]

dhswise
Lulu

Post by dhswise »

Thanks everyone for a wonderful WIT today! We had great players, great teams, great readers, great coaches, great volunteers! A grueling 13-round day for sure, and my computer crashed at round 8 without my having saved any of the data (but am quite proud that I had it all re-entered and saved 57 times by the middle of round 11), but also the best fun you can have in a school building!

!st place: Hooch A (13-0)
2nd place: Alpharetta (12-1)
3rd place: Hooch B (10-3)
4th place: 3-way tie: Eastside: (8-5), Marist (8-5), Dunwoody (8-5)

According to WIT rules, ties are broken by PPG, so Eastside > Marist > Dunwoody,
but it's interesting to note if we had gone by head-to-head, Dunwoody > Eastside > Marist
and on PPB, Marist > Eastside > Dunwoody

Congrats to Shubhom, Briscoe, and Ashwin on taking the top 3 spots in individual scoring. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd were each separated by 1.5 ppg!
Rand Wise
[email protected]

UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

Hope everyone enjoyed the set! There are still mirrors planned, so if you'd like to discuss it, you can apply to the private discussion group from your user panel.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM