Maryland High School Classic

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
The Goffman Prophecies
Quizbowl Detective Extraordinaire

Maryland High School Classic

Post by The Goffman Prophecies »

So as not to hijack the Gov thread, I'm making a separate post about Maryland's annual Spring tournament.

Unofficially, we're considering Sunday May 1. Out of that weekend and the two around it, it seems to be the one most available (the weekend before is Passover and RichMo is running a tournament that Sat, and the Sunday after is Mother's Day).

As bigtrain mentioned here, the It's Academic semifinals tape the day before - but it seems like no matter which Sunday we choose, we're going to conflict with something on that weekend.

Barring anything major happening that weekend, thus forcing us to push things up to April 16 (can't go any later into May as our finals begin the week of the 15th), we're going to try to go with May 1. I will try to post a formal announcement soon, though it will probably not happen until next week.
Dan Goff
HSQB sysadmin

Virginia Tech '13
South Carolina '15
and a couple other places
Not Thomas Dale HS

STAAATS
blazer06
Lulu

Post by blazer06 »

I think that April 17th would be a better date, as May 3 is the beginning of APs and yes, April 30 is the Itsac Semifinal; having both days occupied the day before APs start would probably not be a great idea.
Pistachio
Lulu

Post by Pistachio »

April 16 is UVA's NAQT tournament. I don't know whether you're expecting a lot of Virginia teams at UMD this time around, but if you move the date to that weekend you might lose some teams.