Richard Montgomery Autumnal Novice (10/12/13)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Ailing Knight-at-Arms
Lulu

Richard Montgomery Autumnal Novice (10/12/13)

Post by Ailing Knight-at-Arms »

Richard Montgomery High School is excited to announce our hosting an Autumnal Novice Tournament on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2013. The tournament will be held at our campus in Rockville, Maryland, and will be mirroring the SCOP Novice 4 set (about which more information can be found here).

Eligibility
The eligibility requirements for this tournament are as follows:
1. All freshmen and sophomores are eligible to play in this tournament.
2. Any junior in his/her first year of quizbowl is eligible to play.
3. Any player attending his/her first ever tournament is eligible to play.
4. If you have any specific eligibility concerns or questions, please email [email protected]

We also ask that teams carry no more than six players on any single team. Teams planning to bring more than six players should register a second team.

Registration

Registration will begin at 8:15, with matches starting at about 9:00 AM.
The fee structure is as follows:
Base fee per team: $60
Buzzer discount: -$5
Reader discount: -$10
Each additional team from a school: -$5
Minimum fee per team: $40

Checks should be made out to “Richard Montgomery High School” with “It’s Academic” as the memo line. They may be mailed in advance to 250 Richard Montgomery Dr Rockville MD 20852 with Herbert Edelstein in the attention line (please remember to put the name, as we've had checks lost in the mail because they lacked a named recipient). Payment must be received before or the day of the tournament.

Please send registrations to [email protected] - in the email, be sure to clearly indicate the number of teams, buzzers, and moderators you plan to bring. Remember that forum posts do not constitute a registration.

We will most likely be capping the field at 24 teams. Teams that register after that cap has been filled will be placed on a wait list.
Gabriel Guedes
Richard Montgomery '15
Duke '19
"I suppose I do have one unembarrassed passion. I want to know what it feels like to care about something passionately."
Ailing Knight-at-Arms
Lulu

Re: Richard Montgomery Autumnal Novice (10/12/13)

Field: (24 Teams, 14 Buzzers, 13 Moderators)
Wheaton (1,1,0)
Manheim Township (2,0,0)
Saint Anselm's (1,0,1)
Easton (1,0,0)
Quince Orchard (2,0,2)
Thomas Jefferson (4,2,1)
Wilde Lake (1,1,1)
Walter Johnson (1,1,3)
Centennial (3,3,2)
GDS (1,0,1)
Whitman (1,1,1)
Blair (1,1,0)
Wilmington Charter (2,2,1)
Burleigh Manor MS (3,2,0)

Wait List:
Maret (1,0,0)
Longfellow MS (2,1,0)

Updated as of 10/10/13
Last edited by Ailing Knight-at-Arms on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:02 am, edited 15 times in total.
Gabriel Guedes
Richard Montgomery '15
Duke '19
"I suppose I do have one unembarrassed passion. I want to know what it feels like to care about something passionately."
Ailing Knight-at-Arms
Lulu

The tournament is now less than a month away, so get those registrations in! This is a great opportunity to play a great introductory set!

EDIT: I can't count calendar days
Gabriel Guedes
Richard Montgomery '15
Duke '19
Ailing Knight-at-Arms
Lulu

With less than two weeks remaining and the field nearing full capacity, be sure to get those registrations in!
Gabriel Guedes
Richard Montgomery '15
Duke '19
Ailing Knight-at-Arms
Lulu

With the addition two teams from Burleigh Manor, our field is now CLOSED. Further registrants will be placed on a wait list.
Gabriel Guedes
Richard Montgomery '15
Duke '19
Ailing Knight-at-Arms
Lulu

With the loss of one TJ team, Robinson moves into the field.
Gabriel Guedes
Richard Montgomery '15
Duke '19
Ailing Knight-at-Arms
Lulu

Congrats to our top four finishers: Centennial A, Montgomery Blair, Thomas Jefferson A, and St. Anselm's. Thank you to all of the teams that came out today! Combined stats can be found here, I'll see if I can get prelims/playoffs up by the end of the day.
Gabriel Guedes
Richard Montgomery '15
Duke '19
Apostolic Prefecture of Kompong Cham
Lulu

Post by Apostolic Prefecture of Kompong Cham »

My OCD says that the individual entries are all shifted by a column, displaying 0.50 and 1.00 15's with what should be games played, etc. Everything is still decipherable though, so it definitely isn't too pressing an issue.
Arjuna Subramanian
Montgomery Blair '15
Princeton '19
Caltech '24/'25
Ailing Knight-at-Arms
Lulu

Gabriel Guedes
Richard Montgomery '15
Duke '19
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Fighting Bob wrote:My OCD says that the individual entries are all shifted by a column, displaying 0.50 and 1.00 15's with what should be games played, etc. Everything is still decipherable though, so it definitely isn't too pressing an issue.
This is just a side effect of using SQBS for Mac (I think). If I remember correctly, there was a way to fix the issue of it shifting the 10s and 15s column. I'll see if I can find the answer somewhere.

EDIT: If the statskeeper from this asks in this thread, they should be able to solve the problem.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!