NY/NJ/CT Dates Claims, 2013-14

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Re: NY/NJ/CT Dates Claims, 2013-14

Post by Matt Weiner »

The website with full information on the New York Quizbowl Championship is up at www.nyquizbowl.com .
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
rpirrie
Wakka

Post by rpirrie »

Hello--
This is an informal announcement that CT INV V will be held at UConn on 2/22/14. More details (and an announcement on the regular channel) when available.
Bob Pirrie
Academic Quiz Bowl Coach
E. O. Smith High School
Ras superfamily
Wakka

Post by Ras superfamily »

We will be running our LIST mirror on either January 25th or February 1st
Saajid Moyen
Penn '15
Al Hirt
Wakka

Post by Al Hirt »

Out of curiosity, has anyone in NJ made plans to submit a bid to hold NAQT states? It's probably a bit hasty to ask on my part, but given the congested nature of the circuit and the fast approaching deadline, I thought it might be worthwhile to consider.

(Please excuse me if I committed some gross perversion of protocol)
Shravan Balaji
Academic Team Captain
East Brunswick High School '15
University of Pennsylvania '19
NHBB Mid-Atlantic Regional Coordinator
Northern Central Railway
Wakka

Post by Northern Central Railway »

EBAcademicTeam wrote:Out of curiosity, has anyone in NJ made plans to submit a bid to hold NAQT states? It's probably a bit hasty to ask on my part, but given the congested nature of the circuit and the fast approaching deadline, I thought it might be worthwhile to consider.

(Please excuse me if I committed some gross perversion of protocol)
You can check to see what bids have been submitted here: http://www.naqt.com/bids/bids.jsp

Looking at that link, nobody has submitted a bid yet for NJ (along with several other states that have active circuits).
Andrew Ibendahl
Nashville (IL) '04
DePauw '08
Former Coach, Mountain Lakes (NJ)
Insolvency law of Canada
Lulu

Post by Insolvency law of Canada »

Can anyone host states? I know High Tech can't. Is Princeton planning to submit a bid?
Patrick LeBlanc
High Technology High School '10-'14
Captain '13-'14
czheng0708
Lulu

Post by czheng0708 »

I guess this would be a reasonable time to ask about Metro-NYC States? Great Neck South can't.

And Patrick, considering what happened at PHSAT, do you think Princeton is a viable host location?
Christopher Zheng
Great Neck South High School '15
University of California, Berkeley '19
SHP Pirate
Rikku

Post by SHP Pirate »

Seton Hall plans to submit a bid this weekend. (I thought I had already done so but I guess I never completed it!) Saturday, March 29 is our planned date. More to follow ...
Michael T. Zinsmeister
Director of Admission
Seton Hall Preparatory School
West Orange, NJ
Lightly Seared on the Reality Grill
Rikku

Post by Lightly Seared on the Reality Grill »

czheng0708 wrote:I guess this would be a reasonable time to ask about Metro-NYC States? Great Neck South can't.
I think the main problem with even considering this as an option is how overcrowded the spring is for New York teams at the moment.
Robert Pond
Kings Park '10
Stony Brook '14
University of Victoria '18
Anonymous wrote:naqt is much worse than plagiarism could ever hope to be
Guybo
Wakka

Post by Guybo »

So, I just woke up this morning with a desperate plea from one of my players to sign up for the Scarsdale tournament because it's almost filled up (mostly because there are only 24 teams permitted, I imagine). This is the second time that I had to race to register for a tournament literally right after it's been posted in order to make sure we have slots in a tournament. While, on the one hand, I understand that this is good as it means there's a lot of interest in quiz bowl in the area and a great desire to participate in tournaments. On the other hand, however, I can't help think how unfair it is to, perhaps, not be able to get into a tournament because it was posted late when most people (apparently except for the quiz bowl world) are sleeping. Is the "You snooze, you lose" on the forums equitable? Has email registrations now gone the way of snail mail? While I occasionally check the forum, it's hard to check it constantly. I'm not sure if there is a way to resolve this issue but I would feel bad if some teams who wanted to participate in a tournament couldn't do so because they weren't "quick enough to the buzzer", so to speak, and register because they were unaware that registration was even open. I'm tempted to open up registration for our March tournament now (fortunately, we can likely accommodate up to 48 teams)... though perhaps an email to schools who played last year FIRST is a more fair way. Thoughts?
Guy Rabner
Spanish and Italian teacher
Academic Team coach
Livingston HS (NJ)
Northern Central Railway
Wakka

Guybo wrote:So, I just woke up this morning with a desperate plea from one of my players to sign up for the Scarsdale tournament because it's almost filled up (mostly because there are only 24 teams permitted, I imagine). This is the second time that I had to race to register for a tournament literally right after it's been posted in order to make sure we have slots in a tournament. While, on the one hand, I understand that this is good as it means there's a lot of interest in quiz bowl in the area and a great desire to participate in tournaments. On the other hand, however, I can't help think how unfair it is to, perhaps, not be able to get into a tournament because it was posted late when most people (apparently except for the quiz bowl world) are sleeping. Is the "You snooze, you lose" on the forums equitable? Has email registrations now gone the way of snail mail? While I occasionally check the forum, it's hard to check it constantly. I'm not sure if there is a way to resolve this issue but I would feel bad if some teams who wanted to participate in a tournament couldn't do so because they weren't "quick enough to the buzzer", so to speak, and register because they were unaware that registration was even open. I'm tempted to open up registration for our March tournament now (fortunately, we can likely accommodate up to 48 teams)... though perhaps an email to schools who played last year FIRST is a more fair way. Thoughts?
I certainly agree that tournament registration in the NJ/NY area has gotten out of hand. Aside from reform to the actual tournament registration process itself, perhaps this circuit is to the point that different sets need to be hosted multiple times in the area? I realize this opens a whole new can of worms, but it's a thought nonetheless. If there are schools who host an NAQT set but for one reason or another can't/don't want to handle the usual volume of teams (has there been a single tournament in the area in the last few years that hasn't ended with a waitlist?), perhaps this is a viable solution (this would also be a solution of sorts to the fact that it seems like more and more teams want to host a tournament). As it is now, 48 teams seems to be the absolute upper limit that tournament directors want to let in, for good reason. If what happened with Princeton and what is happening with Kellenberg are any inclination, the NJ/NY circuit has strong signs of demand outpacing supply.

What I'll be doing for Mountain Lakes' tournament is posting an 'announcement' on the board on Sunday but not opening up registration itself until a certain time on Wednesday. That way, coaches/teams have a few days to 1) actually see the announcement and 2) gauge interest from their to players to see how many would want to go. I'll also be using a google form (and ONLY a google form) for registration so that I don't have to worry about registrations coming in different ways.
Andrew Ibendahl
Nashville (IL) '04
DePauw '08
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Is there any way hosts and teams can collaborate to promote more staff for tournaments so that they can expand their field limits?
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

It is possible, but one thing that I had to tell Scarsdale after their January 2013 tournament was that "having n/2 moderators" is not the same thing as "being able to handle an n-team tournament". In many cases, after accounting for most of the host school's squad, plus several local coaches, we are just at the minimum number of staff necessary to support a tournament. Being at "just enough" results in complete chaos if scoresheets get lost, rookie moderators take 45 minutes, or statkeepers get way behind on entering data, all of which are things that have happened at local tournaments when they are too big (a problem not at all exclusive to high school hosts, *ahem*). Running a 48-team tournament is damn hard, and the triple-digit tournaments HHHW used to run were insane.

I really do think the NJ/NY circuit is at the point where, at least some of the time, the same NAQT set can be run in NYC/LI/Westchester and in NJ/PA.
Jon Pinyan
Coach, Bergen County Academies (NJ); former player for BCA (2000-03) and WUSTL (2003-07)
HSQB forum mod, PACE member
Stat director for: NSC '13-'15, '17; ACF '14, '17, '19; NHBB '13-'15; NASAT '11

"A [...] wizard who controls the weather" - Jerry Vinokurov
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Northern Central Railway wrote:
Guybo wrote:So, I just woke up this morning with a desperate plea from one of my players to sign up for the Scarsdale tournament because it's almost filled up (mostly because there are only 24 teams permitted, I imagine). This is the second time that I had to race to register for a tournament literally right after it's been posted in order to make sure we have slots in a tournament. While, on the one hand, I understand that this is good as it means there's a lot of interest in quiz bowl in the area and a great desire to participate in tournaments. On the other hand, however, I can't help think how unfair it is to, perhaps, not be able to get into a tournament because it was posted late when most people (apparently except for the quiz bowl world) are sleeping. Is the "You snooze, you lose" on the forums equitable? Has email registrations now gone the way of snail mail? While I occasionally check the forum, it's hard to check it constantly. I'm not sure if there is a way to resolve this issue but I would feel bad if some teams who wanted to participate in a tournament couldn't do so because they weren't "quick enough to the buzzer", so to speak, and register because they were unaware that registration was even open. I'm tempted to open up registration for our March tournament now (fortunately, we can likely accommodate up to 48 teams)... though perhaps an email to schools who played last year FIRST is a more fair way. Thoughts?
I certainly agree that tournament registration in the NJ/NY area has gotten out of hand. Aside from reform to the actual tournament registration process itself, perhaps this circuit is to the point that different sets need to be hosted multiple times in the area? I realize this opens a whole new can of worms, but it's a thought nonetheless. If there are schools who host an NAQT set but for one reason or another can't/don't want to handle the usual volume of teams (has there been a single tournament in the area in the last few years that hasn't ended with a waitlist?), perhaps this is a viable solution (this would also be a solution of sorts to the fact that it seems like more and more teams want to host a tournament). As it is now, 48 teams seems to be the absolute upper limit that tournament directors want to let in, for good reason. If what happened with Princeton and what is happening with Kellenberg are any inclination, the NJ/NY circuit has strong signs of demand outpacing supply.

What I'll be doing for Mountain Lakes' tournament is posting an 'announcement' on the board on Sunday but not opening up registration itself until a certain time on Wednesday. That way, coaches/teams have a few days to 1) actually see the announcement and 2) gauge interest from their to players to see how many would want to go. I'll also be using a google form (and ONLY a google form) for registration so that I don't have to worry about registrations coming in different ways.
This is an interesting discussion, and I want to chime in to give a few thoughts relating to NHBB here, since we seem to be going against the grain in a few ways. First, no NHBB regional, ever, has ever ended up with a wait list, nor do I see that happening anytime soon, anywhere. Partly, our rule of having to provide a moderator insulates against staffing issues. Partly, it's that the overwhelming majority of NHBB events are under 30 teams. Another thing is that for tournaments we know will be large (i.e. Ridgewood, Seton Hall, Princeton) I start lining up additional staff months in advance. That helped Ridgewood run pretty much on schedule last year with 65 teams. This year, I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 75-80. But the growth may be limited this year precisely because of the proliferation of other area mirrors of our sets. C set alone is being played this weekend in Westchester and South Jersey, and will get played in Ridgewood and NYC in December too. So that has worked for us, at least. I would say, though, that if typical sets get mirrored twice in the area, some coordination would help. Like, if a Central Jersey / Philly site and a CT or Long Island site ran the same set, that could be ok.
The fact of the matter is that if one draws a 2 hour driving radius from NYC, over 30 million people live in that area. I would think multiple mirrors for sets might not be a bad way to go, particularly as qb continues to grow (gradually) and NHBB continues to grow (at a very rapid clip) in the area.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
KnicksRule
Wakka

Post by KnicksRule »

AMSA is hosting a tournament (129-A) on November 23rd if any of the upper NY teams are interested.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14862
Abhinav Kurada
AMSA Charter School '12-'16
Captain '13-'16
2x winner of United States Geography Olympiad (2013, 2014); USGO International Team Member (2015)
SSNCT Runner-Up (2014); T-21 HSNCT (2015)
The Polebarn Hotel
Wakka

Post by The Polebarn Hotel »

BrainBusters Fall is being held on December 7th, not November 9th.

EDIT: It's also probably worth adding that the Rochester Area NHBB competition will be held on February 8th, 2014.
Last edited by The Polebarn Hotel on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casey Wetherbee
Ithaca '17
Georgetown '21
NAQT Writer
Kouign Amann
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Kouign Amann »

Pending room reservations, Columbia would like to run LIST on March 8th.
Aidan Mehigan
St. Anselm's Abbey School '12
Columbia University '16 | University of Oxford '17 | UPenn GSE '19
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Some NHBB updates:
Dec 8 - NYC - this has been moved from Hunter to School of the Future (Midtown Manhattan)
Dec 14 - Western NY at Nichols in Buffalo (C Set)
Mar 1 - Delaware - Wilmington Friends in Wilmington (C Set). If you missed C set in the fall, this is basically the only tournament it's being mirrored at in early 2014 within striking distance.
Mar 15 - Long Island A set - likely at Half Hollow Hills (though still awaiting final confirmation). This will have a smallish (likely 10-20) field size - the Princeton site for A set on 2/22 is the primary tournament for it, though...
TBD - Finger Lakes A set (likely at SUNY Binghamton). We're still working this out, but for Upstate NY teams, and NE PA teams, this will likely be closer than getting down to Princeton too.
As always, see: http://www.historybowl.com/bowlsites/ for the full list.
David Madden
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

Hurrah!Praga! wrote:It's looking like High Tech's tournament will be running IMSANITY come February.
Is there any update on this tournament? I need to submit paperwork to my school soon if we're going to attend.
Jon Pinyan
Coach, Bergen County Academies (NJ); former player for BCA (2000-03) and WUSTL (2003-07)

samus149
Wakka

Post by samus149 »

jonpin wrote:
Hurrah!Praga! wrote:It's looking like High Tech's tournament will be running IMSANITY come February.
Is there any update on this tournament? I need to submit paperwork to my school soon if we're going to attend.
This tournament is happening. We'll be posting the formal announcement in a day or two once we get together some additional paperwork.
Sean M.
HTHS '14
Cornell University '18
UCSB '23

The opinions presented in this user's posts have not been approved by HTHS Quizbowl Team. Viewer discretion is advised. - Patrick LeBlanc, Captain
High Dependency Unit
Yuna

Post by High Dependency Unit »

Is Bergen still planning on hosting an event in the Spring?
Michael Borecki
Middlesex Middle '13,
Darien (co-captain) '17,
Bowdoin College (club president) '21
Edward Powers
Auron

Post by Edward Powers »

Saint Joe's claims March 29th as the make-up date for its postponed GSAC of December 14th.
Ed Powers
Coach
SJHS Academic Team
Metuchen, NJ
Mewto55555
Tidus

Post by Mewto55555 »

The New York sites of HSAPQ's 2014 state championships have been announced!

SUNY-Buffalo Regional: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15284
Ithaca HS Regional: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15285
Columbia Regional: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15286

Ithaca HS (championship): viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15287
Max
formerly of Ladue, Chicago
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

NHBB will run the newly-christened (edit 12/19 for name) Long Island History Bee and Bowl Championships at Half Hollow Hills West, on Saturday, March 15. It will run on A set this year, so anyone who doesn't want to drive to Princeton from Long Island, or who can't make it there on 2/22 now has a second shot to play A set. Note that we will also likely be running A Set at SUNY Binghamton at some point in March too, but that will need to wait until January for the date and confirmation.
Last edited by Great Bustard on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Madden
Cody
2008-09 Male Athlete of the Year

Post by Cody »

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:54 pm, Guy Rabner (Livingston HS Coach) wrote:Livingston HS will have its annual March Madness tournament on an NAQT IS regular set on March 15, 2014.
Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:16 am, Dave Madden wrote:NHBB will run the newly-christened Suffolk County History Bee and Bowl at Half Hollow Hills West, on Saturday, March 15. It will run on A set this year, so anyone who doesn't want to drive to Princeton from Long Island, or who can't make it there on 2/22 now has a second shot to play A set. Note that we will also likely be running A Set at SUNY Binghamton at some point in March too, but that will need to wait until January for the date and confirmation.
Clearly, the calendar is quite crowded, so these sorts of conflicts naturally develop, yet in the St. Joseph's GSAC thread..
Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:02 pm, Dave Madden wrote:Hardly disinterested here, but we've run into issues in California this year with NHBB tournaments scheduled the same weekends (but not the same day) as other events, and the results have not been encouraging. If there's a free weekend anywhere in the calendar, I'd much prefer that get used, as I agree that very few teams are going to want to play two events on successive days.
It's pretty hypocritical to request that someone else not hold a tournament the day after you and then turn around 15 hours later and schedule a tournament against a date claimed for 6.5 months.
Cody Voight, VCU ’14.
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

So to clarify a few things here:
1. Agreed that the calendar overall is getting more crowded. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - more tournaments equals more opportunities to play, and often at more convenient sites. Over the past three years, attendance at all Greater NYC tournaments has risen by quite a bit, which is great to see. It's all but inevitable that there's going to be overlap, and in many cases, I'm fine with it, particularly when it isn't likely to lead to teams likely choosing one tournament over another since they would only ever likely go to one or the other, but not both.
2. On that note, let me come to the 3/15 NHBB on Long Island. There are lots of schools on Long Island which play NHBB but rarely if ever play standard quizbowl and if they do, basically don't leave Long Island to do it. That was at the core of deciding to have two Long Island tournaments this year. Last year's Livingston tournament attracted only two Long Island schools - North Babylon and Kellenberg. If they are going to play our A Set this year, I would think they might opt for the Princeton site on 2/22 which will have a much larger and stronger field. North Babylon, fwiw, went to Princeton last year while Kellenberg didn't play our A set last year (but often travels off of Long Island to go to strong fields).
3. Likewise, we didn't have any good options left for a second Long Island site. Every weekend in March was taken with some area tournament - 3/15 at least does not conflict with a state-level event or a tournament in NYC that Long Island schools may find more accessible. Doing a tournament in April is not possible as it's too close to our Nationals. 2/22 is the same date as Princeton, so that largely defeats the purpose, while 2/15 is just three weeks after our first Long Island event. Next year, my preference would be to have one Long Island tournament in the fall, and one in early 2015, but that wasn't possible this school year due to delays in scheduling that were beyond my control.
4. For the NJ situation, this honestly, probably isn't that big a deal either, since a number of the schools signed up for GSAC at St. Joe's have other places to play our B set (PA, Long Island, CT), while I know a few of the NJ schools won't have too much an issue with playing twice in a weekend, especially as Monday is a holiday. That said, I know that there are players and coaches for whom playing over multiple days at Nationals is fine, but non-National events aren't going to be a big enough draw for two days in a row of quizbowl. To me, it seemed that as long as there was a free weekend still available, and no major reason why that wouldn't work, then that would make more sense as opposed to scheduling on a weekend with another big area tournament (we'll probably get 30+ teams for Seton Hall on 1/18).
5. That all said, I agree that teams should have the final say, and if there's a major preference for running GSAC at St. Joe's on 1/19 as opposed to in April, then it's better for all if that date is selected. I was just wondering why that made more sense for teams like Ridgewood, St. Joe's, High Tech, Livingston, and Mountain Lakes who would likely be interested in playing both GSAC and our event at Seton Hall. But that's up to them.
David Madden
Edward Powers
Auron

Post by Edward Powers »

Jon,

At your earliest convenience could you please place the St. Joe's rescheduled GSAC on the NJ/NY Date Claim Calendar for Saturday April 12th. I will create a new announcement on the forums in a day or two giving teams all the info they need to determine if they wish to register for this rescheduled tournament.

Thanks.
Ed Powers
Coach
SJHS Academic Team
Metuchen, NJ
SHP Pirate
Rikku

Post by SHP Pirate »

What would coaches think about the NJ state tournament at Seton Hall Prep on Saturday, May 10? There are not really any free dates left on the calendar! 32 team hard cap - initial limit of 2 teams per school - possible JV brackets if interest/staffing allows.

It would be the middle weekend of AP exams. Please respond soon - we are happy to host, but we need to get moving if this is going to happen.

- Michael
Michael T. Zinsmeister
Director of Admission
West Orange, NJ
Edward Powers
Auron

Post by Edward Powers »

Mike,

Sounds good to me.
Ed Powers
Coach
SJHS Academic Team
Metuchen, NJ
Al Hirt
Wakka

Post by Al Hirt »

I discussed this with my coach, he said it wouldn't be a problem. East Brunswick would probably bring two teams.
Shravan Balaji
Academic Team Captain
Guybo
Wakka

Post by Guybo »

Some of my players expressed some concern that it was in between APs. What about the following weekend?
Guy Rabner
Spanish and Italian teacher
Academic Team coach
Livingston HS (NJ)
Edward Powers
Auron

Post by Edward Powers »

Jon,

Could you please place the St. Joe's rescheduled GSAC on the NJ/NY/CT Date Claim Calendar for April 12th?

Thanks.
Ed Powers
Coach
SJHS Academic Team
Metuchen, NJ
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

Sorry for the delay, Ed. It's posted now. One of these weekends when I'm not working both days and not sleeping in, I'll update the first post to include links to staaaaaaaaats for completed tournaments, for the benefit of all as we build towards states and (perhaps) selecting our All-State team.

At this point, it's moderately unlikely that Bergen will hold a tournament, but I'll reach out to my students today about whether we want to take HSAPQ's state series and run an event opposite HSAPQ's NY championship.
Jon Pinyan

Edward Powers
Auron

Post by Edward Powers »

Thanks Jon. And a link to the staaaaats would be a great aid in selecting an All State Team, so I hope you can find the time to do it!
Ed Powers
Coach
SJHS Academic Team
Metuchen, NJ
Al Hirt
Wakka

Post by Al Hirt »

According to Bloomfield's advisor, they are not conducting their tournament this year.
Shravan Balaji
Academic Team Captain
Northern Central Railway
Wakka

EBAcademicTeam wrote:According to Bloomfield's advisor, they are not conducting their tournament this year.
It's still listed on the NAQT website, but I would not be surprised if there was a lack of communication from Bloomfield on this one.
Andrew Ibendahl
Nashville (IL) '04
DePauw '08
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

I know I have to get the details together quickly in order to get a field, but I believe that Bergen will be resurrecting BOAT (I suppose under the same name; I never really got the reason why my kids insisted upon it). We are planning on hosting on March 29, opposite HSAPQ's New York State Championship and using the same questions (and presumably, game format). Once I confirm with my students and get preliminary approval from the school administration, I will post a thread and email you all about the tournament.
Jon Pinyan

jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

I've updated the first post of the thread with the latest announced dates that I'm aware of. I've also linked the results of the local tournaments from September through December.
Jon Pinyan

samus149
Wakka

Post by samus149 »

High Tech won LIFT...

Also, could you link to 2014 tournaments that have announcements on the forum (QuBIT, BHSAT, etc.)?
Sean M.
HTHS '14
Cornell University '18
UCSB '23

The opinions presented in this user's posts have not been approved by HTHS Quizbowl Team. Viewer discretion is advised. - Patrick LeBlanc, Captain
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

samus149 wrote:High Tech won LIFT...

Also, could you link to 2014 tournaments that have announcements on the forum (QuBIT, BHSAT, etc.)?
Whoops, I just looked at the top team in the top bracket. I'll fix that and include any new links tonight/tomorrow.
Jon Pinyan

Al Hirt
Wakka

Post by Al Hirt »

Just a small note: the CSWIFT stats actually link to the Princeton stats.
Shravan Balaji
Academic Team Captain
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

The front post is now updated.

BOAT V is now announced, scheduled for March 29.
Jon Pinyan

SHP Pirate
Rikku

Post by SHP Pirate »

The NAQT NJ State Championship Tournament will, in fact, be held on Saturday, May 17, 2014 on the campus of Seton Hall Preparatory School in West Orange, NJ. Both NAQT and my administration approved the date switch this week.

A full announcement will be made next week on the boards. Please direct all inquiries to [email protected].
Michael T. Zinsmeister
Director of Admission
West Orange, NJ
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

The Connecticut History Bee and Bowl (NHBB B Set) will be held on Saturday, March 15 at Newtown High School - not on Saturday, February 8 as was originally announced. I apologize for any confusion and inconvenience to teams who had been planning on it for this weekend.
David Madden
SHP Pirate
Rikku

Post by SHP Pirate »

Information regarding NJ NAQT State Championship Tournament has now been posted here.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15575
Michael T. Zinsmeister
Director of Admission
West Orange, NJ