Gonzaga Academic Tournament II (10/16/04)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.

If you're from the DC Area, will your team be coming to GAT II on October 16?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 6

crackerwithak
Lulu

Gonzaga Academic Tournament II (10/16/04)

Post by crackerwithak »

I'm just trying to get a feel for how many, if any, teams to expect. I've heard about some possible conflicts with PSAT testing and other events, and I want to know how our turnout could be affected.
Ratatosk of ER
Lulu

Eleanor Roosevelt

Post by Ratatosk of ER »

I'm pretty sure Greenbaum has decided we're going to a tournament at (but not run by) Blake on the 16th. Maybe that is GAT II, I'm not sure.
---Daniel from Eleanor Roosevelt

Ave Minerva.
mrblinux
Lulu

Post by mrblinux »

Any tournament at our school but not run by our team is on a weekday, not a weekend.

By the way, we plan on going to the GAT II.

EDIT: Forgot about Rosh Hashana. And I'm Jewish. That tournament is some time soon though.
Last edited by mrblinux on Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer affiliated with Blake It's Ac team :D
bigtrain
Rikku

Post by bigtrain »

I'm pretty sure MoCo has no school on Thursday, September 16 because of Rosh Hashana. It is hard to believe Blake would have an "after school" tournament on a day when we have no school. I thought the only after school tournament in the fall at Blake was the Quizmaster Preseason Tournament which is on two seperate days in October. I believe it is only open to MoCo teams who participate on the show "Quizmaster Challenge."
Ratatosk of ER
Lulu

Post by Ratatosk of ER »

"Any tournament at our school but not run by our team is on a weekday, not a weekend. The sixteenth of September is when that tournament will be, rather than Gonzaga's October tournament. "

If that is the tournament Greenbaum was talking about, and I think it was, thn he is out of his mind. How does he expect to have us at a tournament in less than a week when we don't even have an official A team yet? We haven't decided on a fourth person and anyway noone but me was even warned that we were going to this tournament.

"By the way, we plan on going to the GAT II as well as helping for the tournament at our school on the 16th of September."

Hopefully ER will be at GAT II although Greenbaum hasn't said anything about it yet--we tried to go to Gonzaga's tournament last year but complications involving school being closed the day before and poor communication kept us from being there.

BTW, PG County has no school on September 16th as well. Who/what organization is running the Sept 16th tournament?

Ave Minerva.
bigtrain
Rikku

Post by bigtrain »

Who/what organization is running the Sept 16th tournament?
I think what I was trying to say is that there is no tournament in MoCo that I am aware of on that day.

This thread on Gonzaga's tournament is being hijacked, and thats not good/fair.
Ratatosk of ER
Lulu

Post by Ratatosk of ER »

"I think what I was trying to say is that there is no tournament in MoCo that I am aware of on that day."

I know you said that. However, I also know that Michael just said that there is a tournament at Blake on September 16th. Since he is on the Blake team, I am inclined to believe he knows what he's talking about on this matter.

"This thread on Gonzaga's tournament is being hijacked, and thats not good/fair."

I apologize for that, I wasn't trying to break away from the origional subject, I was just thouroughly confused about what I was talking about.

I won't post any more about this Sept. 16 tournament here; I wouldn't have posted this here except I felt a need to clear up my point about the Sept. 16 tournament that is apparently occuring at Blake.

Ave Minerva.
bigtrain
Rikku

Post by bigtrain »

Back to the topic...I am urging my team to go this year, and I hope we end up deciding to go. From what I hear, Gonzaga's tournament had good questions last year and their school is very pretty.
mrblinux
Lulu

Post by mrblinux »

Yeah, I need to check the caledar more. The weekday tourney is within a few weeks, I now realize I don't have the right date. Gonzaga's was fun last year. Questions were good. Beautiful building. I just can't remember what we had for lunch.
No longer affiliated with Blake It's Ac team :D