Fond Formal Farewell III

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
David Riley
Auron

Fond Formal Farewell III

Post by David Riley »

It's that time again! Although we await pre-nationals and nationals, it's time to pay tribute to some of the outstanding seniors that we are losing at the end of the year. Best wishes with your college plans and all of your future endeavors. My apologies for anyone I've left out who deserves to be here.

Andrew Deveau -- The breadth and depth of his knowledge is simply amazing, especially in math and science. So much so, I’ll even forgive him for transferring to that other Jesuit school. :grin:

Kevin Malis – Came from out of nowhere to become one of, if not the, strongest generalists in the state.

Ben Carbery – One of the strongest history players we’ve seen in a long while, evidenced by his ability to "thirty" history bonuses. It's our loss that we didn't see him at more tournaments!

Greg Dzuricsko – Another strong generalist, his abilities and leadership caused his team to knock Latin out of their usual spot as Class A champion.
Last edited by David Riley on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Riley
Coach Emeritus, Loyola Academy, Wilmette, Illinois, 1993-2010
Steering Committee, IHSSBCA, 1996 -
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
Edward Elric
Tidus

Re: Fond Formal Farewell III

Post by Edward Elric »

David Riley wrote: Greg Dzuriecsko – Another strong generalist, his abilities and leadership caused his team to knock Latin out of their usual spot as Class A champion.
And to have his last name constantly misspelled. :grin:
Mike Perovanovic
University of Ill.-Chicago '13
Wheaton North '09
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

Drat, I knew I should have put a [sic] there.
David Riley
Coach Emeritus, Loyola Academy, Wilmette, Illinois, 1993-2010
Steering Committee, IHSSBCA, 1996 -
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
bike waffles
Lulu

Post by bike waffles »

Greg Dzuriecsko – Another strong generalist, his abilities and leadership caused his team to knock Latin out of their usual spot as Class A champion.[/quote]
It was a valiant effort, but greg does not have an e in his last name, other than that it is correct
PJ McQuirk
Lisle Senior High School Class of 2011
Least Relevant Player on the Team