Vandy ABC XXVIII

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
vandyhawk
Tidus

Vandy ABC XXVIII

Post by vandyhawk »

The date for ABC XXVIII is now official at Oct. 22-23, so thought I'd repost a brief message. I'll post again once the full announcement, details, etc. are squared away.
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »

Here's the field so far:

Varsity:
Apollo
Brookwood
Columbia Central
Corbin (2)
Covenant Christian
Danville
Daviess Co.
Dorman (2)
Dunbar (5)
DuPont Manual (3)
Eastern (Louisville) (2)
Etowah
Ezell-Harding
Fleming Co. (2)
Franklin Road Academy
Harpeth Hall
Henry Co.
Indian Springs
James Island
Johnson Central
Lafayette
LAMP
Letcher Co. Central
Lincoln Co.
Madisonville North Hopkins (2)
Owensboro
Richland
Rossview
Russell
Sand Rock
Santa Fe
Scott Co.
Simon Kenton
Smoky Mountain
St. Agnes
St. Andrews
Univ. School Nash
Walton (3)
Total: 51

JV:
Apollo
Corbin
Danville
Daviess Co. (2)
Dunbar(3)
Dupont Manual
Eastern (Louisville)
Ezell-Harding
Henry County
Indian Springs
Johnson Central (2)
Lafayette
LAMP
Lincoln Co.
Piarist
Russell
Sheldon Clark (2)
Total: 22

If anything on here looks incorrect, email us at [email protected]. If you would still like to register, go to http://www.vanderbilt.edu/college_bowl/ ... 0info.html I think we put the official deadline at this Friday.
Last edited by vandyhawk on Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
steven-lamp
Rikku

Post by steven-lamp »

:( It's a shame you guys held the tournament on an ACT weekend. I won't be there, sadly. I've attended the last 2 years and been quite impressed, despite some logistical sluggishness (which is to be expected at any large tournament). LAMP will be down 3 A team players, the #1, 3, and 4 scorers.
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »

Yeah, it does suck it's an ACT weekend. I think in a thread that disappeared along with most everything over the summer I said why we had to go with that weekend. I don't remember every conflict, but it was the best we could do with college tourney dates, other HS dates, and campus events. On the bright side of having a field that seems like it'll end up a little smaller than usual, hopefully there will be less "logistical slugishness." My own personal goal is to drop my developing laryngitis rate to below 50% over the 2.5 years of mostly running things. We'll see about those in a couple weeks.
steven-lamp
Rikku

Post by steven-lamp »

Yea, you guys appear to have a smaller field, but still a relatively good amount of strong names in it. I wish the best for you guys, I've enjoyed the tournament every year. Say hey to Tony and George for me if you can...
vig180
Wakka

Post by vig180 »

No Memphis area teams? Geez, I had hoped some school would try to represent the Mid-South. Guess it's probably for the same reason my school couldn't come (much to my chagrin): our teams are lured only by money on our TV tournament and don't feel like going anywhere out of town unless it's for cash.
Manyo2
Lulu

Post by Manyo2 »

I don;t see us on the list, I think because we registered today, but Dupont Manual is sending three teams
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »

Updated the list above. DuPont guys, did you send registration via USPS? I don't see an email, but you mind doing that ([email protected]) since getting our regular mail can be kind of slow sometimes? Just email the basic info so Sarah can have it before next week. For the list here, what division are your teams?
Manyo2
Lulu

Post by Manyo2 »

I don't know how it was sent, or even if it has been yet, but I'll let our coach know that you'd rather have it emailed. I believe that all three teams would be varsity.
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »

Nevermind about closing registration if you saw that...guess we'll wait till next Tuesday or so, though we are close to reaching our limit for readers and whatnot. If you still plan to come, let us know ASAP.
Willy Dee Jones McGee III
Lulu

Post by Willy Dee Jones McGee III »

Uberaschung: If you ever post on this board again, I will write a letter to your coach and your school's principal with all of your posts attached. -Admin
A son of many Irish Sharecroppers
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »

Registration is now closed with a field of 75 teams. One can only assume there will be a couple last-minute changes, but hopefully nothing drastic. The format will be 4 Swiss-paired rounds Friday, 5 bracketed round-robin games Sat morning, and single elimination playoffs Sat afternoon with top 32 varsity and top 16 JV. We'll also have a mixed-division consolation bracket for anyone wishing to stick around who didn't make the playoffs. If you haven't done so, go to http://www.vanderbilt.edu/college_bowl/ ... 20Info.htm for schedule and other helpful stuff.
somerandomguy
Lulu

Post by somerandomguy »

Semi's:
Dorman Defeated Walton
Brookwood Defeated DuPont Manual

Final round: Dorman beat Brookwood
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »

I'll add a little more to that. Quarterfinalists were DuPont B, Daviess Co. A, Indian Springs, and Dunbar A. In the JV bracket, I think that Indian Springs beat Russell in the final (though that could be reversed), and semi-finalists were Danville and (?)Ezell-Harding. Etowah also won the consolation bracket. I'll post the playoff brackets and round-robin stats in the next couple days. Thanks to everyone who came - compared to some past fall ABC's, things ran pretty well, though an inordinately large number of buzzer problems derailed the playoffs for the first couple rounds. Great job by all who attended.
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »