Date Check: CBCT X at UCI

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
cvdwightw
Auron

Date Check: CBCT X at UCI

Post by cvdwightw »

Apparently some people only respond here, so I might as well post this in hopes of garnering responses.

UCI wants to host CBCT on either October 23 or October 30. We have contracted for HSAPQ's fall set. We previously announced for October 30 but are considering moving things up a week due to staff and teams saying they couldn't make it that date. I want to announce a definitive date by the end of the week. If you are one of those schools that cares about the date, let me know by Friday.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org
UC Irvine 2008-2013; UCLA 2004-2007; Capistrano Valley High School 2000-2003

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
Flash Bomba
Lulu

Re: Date Check: CBCT X at UCI

Post by Flash Bomba »

We don't really mind which date, but we would prefer to have a solid date soon so we can plan accordingly.
Thomas Hsu
University High School '11
Brown '15
davud363000
Lulu

Post by davud363000 »

October 23rd would be better for RB, we have homecoming on the 30th

Edit: Sorry for the late post
Last edited by davud363000 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Hu
Rancho Bernardo HS '12
Flash Bomba
Lulu

Post by Flash Bomba »

Oh, huh, I guess we have homecoming too, but I don't think anyone on our team is going anyway :lol:

Ha David you aren't at TWAIN either?
Thomas Hsu
Brown '15
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

There's a possibility I can get a car full of UCLA staffers there, as I recently registered for Zipcar and there has been talk of going down to help out. Would you reimburse transportation costs for staff?
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

We have moved the date to October 23.

Ian, Ray Anderson is in Culver City and may be able to give you guys a ride down if he's coming down to help that day.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org
UC Irvine 2008-2013; UCLA 2004-2007; Capistrano Valley High School 2000-2003

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
lpeacock
Kimahri

Post by lpeacock »

How do we register and find information about your tournament. It is probably to late for this year or is it?

User was warned for not having a signature. - Mgmt
Flash Bomba
Lulu

Post by Flash Bomba »

lpeacock, welcome to the boards. You should probably repost this in viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10624, because that's the official tournament thread.
Thomas Hsu
Brown '15