2021 NAQT SSNCT: April 24-25, online

NAQT HSNCT, NAQT IPNCT, NAQT SSNCT, PACE NSC, and NASAT are discussed here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

2021 NAQT SSNCT: April 24-25, online

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:NAQT is pleased to announce that its 2021 Small School National Championship Tournament will be held online via Zoom, on April 24-25, 2021.

The field for the Traditional Public Schools Division is limited to 40 teams. The field for the Open Division is limited to 50 teams. NAQT may expand the field depending on the level of interest and the availability of staff.

Registration is limited to invited teams through Sunday, March 14. Beginning Monday, March 15 at midnight Central time, any Small School may register, with a limit of two teams per school. Beginning Monday, March 22 at midnight Central time, the two-teams-per-school limit will be lifted and any Small School may register any number of teams (subject to caps on the total field sizes).

Because of the open registration window, there is no wildcard process for this tournament. Teams who do not receive invitations based on their performance may register on or after March 15.
Full details

Register here

Current field

Updated 3/28 --JTH
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: 2021 NAQT SSNCT: April 24-25, online

The field for the Open division of the 2021 SSNCT has been expanded to 36 teams.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

The field for the Traditional Public Schools division of the 2021 SSNCT has been expanded to 36 teams.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

Important Bird Area

Both divisions (Traditional Public Schools and Open) of the 2021 SSNCT have now been expanded to 40 teams.

(Note that the Traditional Public division has 39 teams in it right now, so there's a spot available if anyone would like to register!)
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

Important Bird Area

The field for the Open division of the 2021 SSNCT has been expanded to 50 teams.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

The Favourite
Wakka

Post by The Favourite »

Will NAQT be doing practice games on Friday night as in years past? If not, will NAQT be having a playthrough of some sort so teams know exactly what the actual tournament will look like on Saturday and Sunday? Every tournament we have played has had a different online format, so knowing exactly how NAQT expects players to name themselves, move between rooms, etc. would be very helpful. I know that NAQT has the online gameplay guidelines in place, but something more hands-on than the written rules would help players and coaches be more prepared for the actual tournament, in my opinion.
Tracey Hickman
Rock Creek 12
Redlands 14
Central Oklahoma 16
Coach, Murray State College (OK)
Former Coach, Coalgate Schools (OK)
Curriculum Director, Oklahoma Quizbowl Camps
Important Bird Area

The Favourite wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:02 pm Will NAQT be doing practice games on Friday night as in years past? If not, will NAQT be having a playthrough of some sort so teams know exactly what the actual tournament will look like on Saturday and Sunday? Every tournament we have played has had a different online format, so knowing exactly how NAQT expects players to name themselves, move between rooms, etc. would be very helpful. I know that NAQT has the online gameplay guidelines in place, but something more hands-on than the written rules would help players and coaches be more prepared for the actual tournament, in my opinion.
We won't be doing Friday night scrimmages this year, but we have prepared a video with detailed explanation of the procedures for our 2021 national championships.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

Important Bird Area

Congratulations to the champions of the 2021 NAQT Small School National Championship Tournament!

In the Traditional Public Schools Division, Westmont defeated Macomb 390-105 in the first game of an advantaged final. Westmont is also our Very Small School champion.

In the Open Division, St. Mark's School of Texas A defeated the Miami Valley School 385-295 in the first game of an advantaged final.

Complete team and individual statistics are now available on naqt.com.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

Important Bird Area

Podcasts are now available of selected matches from the 2021 SSNCT.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF