Teams impacted by COVID-19

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
romeokar
Wakka

Teams impacted by COVID-19

Post by romeokar »

In response to the recommendations and protocols from the Governor Lamont, the Dept. Of Public Health, and the State Dept. Of Ed, Darien public schools is banning all interstate travel for extracurricular activities.

We do not know how long the ban will be on place, but certainly this impacts Middlesex's participation in MSNCT. While we have not officially been told to withdraw our registration, I am operating under the assumption that we will not be able to attend.

If other schools/programs are in the same predicament we are, I encourage them to post on this thread so that we can all see the scope of how these National tournaments are being impacted.
Ken Romeo
Middlesex Middle School
Darien, CT
quizbowllee
Auron

Re: Teams impacted by COVID-19

Post by quizbowllee »

All of our out-of-state travel has been cancelled through the end of this month, with eyes toward extending that travel ban depending on what happens over the next few weeks. I anticipate that we will be told to cancel plans to attend IPNCT and SSNCT very soon. I will hold out until the very end and hope that things work out. But, I'm not hopeful.

I also have a team registered for MSNCT. If things don't die down soon, I fear we will miss out on all of these. My kids and I are very disappointed to say the least....
Lee Henry
AP Lit and APUSH Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
President-Elect/Past President- Alabama Scholastic Competition Association (ASCA)
meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

In the interest of organization, I have made a form that teams can fill out. I will be dumping that information into a spreadsheet and posting a link once I have a non zero amount of data points. I am instituting the use of a form to prevent trolling.

https://forms.gle/8W1fjnMcRmYYjX9w7
Em Gunter
Club President, University of Virginia
Tournament Director, 2023 Chicago Open
Assistant Tournament Director, 2022 and 2023 ACF Nationals

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"That's got to be one of the most useful skills anyone has ever gotten from quizbowl." -John Lawrence
quizbowllee
Auron

Post by quizbowllee »

meebles127 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:25 pm In the interest of organization, I have made a form that teams can fill out. I will be dumping that information into a spreadsheet and posting a link once I have a non zero amount of data points. I am instituting the use of a form to prevent trolling.

https://forms.gle/8W1fjnMcRmYYjX9w7
Can you add SSNCT? And, possibly give the option to choose multiple team types (I have middle and high school teams).
Lee Henry
AP Lit and APUSH Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
President-Elect/Past President- Alabama Scholastic Competition Association (ASCA)
meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

I have added SSNCT but I am going to ask that you fill out the form again for your middle and high school team. I am segregating data by school type.
Em Gunter

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"That's got to be one of the most useful skills anyone has ever gotten from quizbowl." -John Lawrence
romeokar
Wakka

Post by romeokar »

meebles127 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:25 pm In the interest of organization, I have made a form that teams can fill out.
Thank you! I shared on Twitter in the hopes of reaching as many programs as possible.
Ken Romeo
Middlesex Middle School
Darien, CT
meebles127
Tidus

Post by meebles127 »

Due to the cancellation of IPNCT and ICT I have removed those options from the form.
Em Gunter