NAQT press guide

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT press guide

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:This page answers frequently asked questions and provides other background on quiz bowl and NAQT’s national championships for journalists. We’re happy to address additional questions; please send them to [email protected].
NAQT press guide
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Bosa of York
Rikku

Re: NAQT press guide

Post by Bosa of York »

In the correct thread this time, the section "who are the defending national champions" lists last year's ICT champtions (switching Berkeley's and Oklahoma's titles as well) and links to last year's CCCT.
Eric Wolfsberg
Bethlehem Central High School 2016
University of Delaware 2020
Stanford 2025 or whatever
jonah
Auron

Re: NAQT press guide

Post by jonah »

Milhouse wrote:In the correct thread this time, the section "who are the defending national champions" lists last year's ICT champtions (switching Berkeley's and Oklahoma's titles as well) and links to last year's CCCT.
Fixed; thanks. Serves me right for creating this page the week before a national championship.

By the way, the reason we're posting this here is that if quiz bowl teams are talking to a reporter, we hope they'll refer the reporter to this page as a useful resource. We know you already know pretty much everything on it.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments