NAQT side event policy

NAQT HSNCT, NAQT IPNCT, NAQT SSNCT, PACE NSC, and NASAT are discussed here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT side event policy

Post by Important Bird Area »

NAQT now has an official policy about side events taking place at our national championships. Please read this policy carefully if you are considering hosting a side event at an upcoming NAQT national championship.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: NAQT side event policy

Post by Important Bird Area »

NAQT wishes to remind people considering running side events at our national championships that we have an explicit policy governing when, where, and how side events are permitted.

Anyone considering running a side event at an NAQT national championship should read that policy carefully and make sure their plans are compatible with it.

In particular, per the second bullet point, side events are not permitted during set-up time (before scrimmages start) or scrimmages, nor after the end of the tournament.

Furthermore, tournament staff considering participating in side events (in any capacity) should bear in mind the times of their commitment under the staff agreement, which may make them unavailable at times that side events are otherwise permitted.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred