My Little Pogchamp: Pogchamp is Trash (FIT) (5/28/21) (Cancelled)

Old college threads.
nicole.
Rikku

My Little Pogchamp: Pogchamp is Trash (FIT) (5/28/21) (Cancelled)

Post by nicole. »

I will be running an online mirror of Aurora High School's My Little Trash Tournament: Friendship is Trash (renamed for tournament purposes to My Little Pogchamp: Pogchamp is Trash) with divisions for both high school only teams and pure open teams on Friday, May 28th, 2021.
If you have any questions, contact me at [email protected] or nicolelol255 at gmail.com. The Field will be HS open for the HS division, and HS Class of 2023 and Older for the Olds Division. The tournament is intended as a way to get into the nationals weekend tournament by having the standard Friday night trash tournament all HS Nationals traditionally used to have.

Set:
We will be using Aurora High School's FIT (Friendship is Trash) pop culture set. There isn't a publicly available distribution but there is some info here.

Eligibility:
HS Open Division is open to all students in High School Classes 2021-2025. Olds Division is open to all individuals HS Class of 2023 and older.

Field cap:
Currently, there will be a field cap of 16 teams per division. Interested staffers can put their names in the spreadsheet. We will pay $25 to staffers.

Payment:
Will be done through Venmo or PayPal (either work). The tournament will be $45 per team and discounts equated to the staff price can be provided if teams bring staff.

Prizes:
A Pokemon Plush of up to $25 in value will be shipped to the top scorer at this tournament in each division, as well as one member of the winning team in each division (team decides or if no consensus is reached top scorer on that team will be picked unless that player was top scorer, in which case second scorer). If the top team does not like pokemon, I can send a vinyl record instead.

Teams can register via this spreadsheet. Teams can be composed of 1-4 players and we have a free agent list for any people who don't have a team.

Medium:
The tournament will be run on Discord. The server link will be emailed to teams a few days before the tournament.

Schedule: The tournament will start at 7:00 PM Eastern Time sharp, in order to give students taking the AP Microeconomics Exam enough time to get ready. We are intending to go through all 8 rounds tossup only, with a 30-minute dinner break after Round 5. We will aim to be done by 11:00 PM Eastern Time/8:00 PM Pacific Time. With a full 16 team field, we expect to start with two parallel brackets of 8 before crossovers. Seeding will be decided by a team's collective favorite song from the 1990s.

We look forward to seeing you on the 28th on Discord!
Last edited by nicole. on Sat May 22, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nic Pruitt (they/them)

Founder of the Maine Quiz Bowl Alliance (MEQBA)
Bates College '25
Kings College London, Winter '24 Semester
Ridgewood '21
Director of Outreach, American Quizbowl League, Prometheus Science Bowl, and Long Island Quiz Bowl Alliance
Outreach and Technology, Florida Quiz Bowl Association
nicole.
Rikku

Re: My Little Pogchamp: Pogchamp is Trash (FIT) (5/28/21)

Post by nicole. »

Due to a lack of demand, this tournament has sadly been cancelled.
Nic Pruitt (they/them)

Founder of the Maine Quiz Bowl Alliance (MEQBA)
Bates College '25
Kings College London, Winter '24 Semester
Ridgewood '21
Director of Outreach, American Quizbowl League, Prometheus Science Bowl, and Long Island Quiz Bowl Alliance
Outreach and Technology, Florida Quiz Bowl Association
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Re: My Little Pogchamp: Pogchamp is Trash (FIT) (5/28/21)

Post by Ciorwrong »

nicole. wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:57 am Due to a lack of demand, this tournament has sadly been cancelled.
Man. I wanted to play just for the Pokémon plushie. I even had a team formed :cry:
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired