SCREEN TEST (Visual Film) - Available for mirrors

Old college threads.
profumbridge25
Kimahri

SCREEN TEST (Visual Film) - Available for mirrors

Post by profumbridge25 »

Calling all cinephiles!

I wrote and ran a visual film tournament called SCREEN TEST in the UK earlier this year and I have had some interest in mirrors, so I'd like to offer others the opportunity to play it.

The tournament consists of seven packets + one final of 20 visual toss-ups and 20 sets of six visual bonuses (which are buzzed on if the toss-up goes dead). There is a rough distribution:

5 'Fine arts' films:
1 Pre-1950
1 1950-1970
1 1970-1985
1 1985-2000
1 2000+

5 'Trash' films:
1 Pre-1975
1 1975-1990
1 1990-2000
1 2000-2010
1 2010+

5 Directors:
1 US
1 Europe
1 Britain
2 Rest of the World

1 Creative (e.g. screenwriter, cinematographer, etc.)
1 Composer
2 Countries
1 Miscellaneous

Toss-ups are power marked (worth 15 inside power, 10 outside) and bonuses are worth five points each (roughly 2 easy, 2 medium, 2 hard parts).

Do note that this is a very difficult film tournament which rewards depth of knowledge/cineliteracy. It is, however, a comprehensive overview of the history of cinema, and therefore there should be something for everyone who watches films.

If you would like to mirror the set, please contact me at [email protected] to discuss fees (owing to the amount of hours put into writing the thing!) and the sharing of packets. Any feedback you have from playing it would be greatly appreciated as I embark on compiling Screen Test: Take 2.

I very much hope that you enjoy the quiz!

Lillian Crawford
Cheynem
Sin

Re: SCREEN TEST (Visual Film) - Available for mirrors

Post by Cheynem »

This would be cool if someone were to organize an online mirror (one that kept field sizes to an acceptable amount, as well).
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

Cheynem wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:52 am This would be cool if someone were to organize an online mirror (one that kept field sizes to an acceptable amount, as well).
On that note, is Mike Bentley's Microsoft Teams strat the official best way to run these, or have people found success with another presentation method?
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
profumbridge25
Kimahri

Post by profumbridge25 »

Would certainly be willing to run an online mirror if someone could help me to run it - I have never hosted one before and wouldn't know where to begin.

[User was reminded to add a signature--mods.]