Super Acronym at Jimenez

Old college threads.
The King's Flight to the Scots
Auron

Super Acronym at Jimenez

Post by The King's Flight to the Scots »

Cross-posting: we'll be playing an informal mirror of Super ACRONYM at Jimenez Hall at UMD this Saturday. If you're interested in playing or moderating please note it down here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1843153198 .
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
Auron

Re: Super Acronym at Jimenez

(Due to lack of interest, this will not be occurring at Jimenez tomorrow. Sunday will be as scheduled).
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

What kind of sick world is the Mid-Atlantic
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Santa Claus
Rikku

Post by Santa Claus »

Stats are done. Round 8 is a little iffy but eh.
Kevin Wang
Arcadia High School 2015
Amherst College 2019

2018 PACE NSC Champion
2019 PACE NSC Champion
Silverman
Lulu

Post by Silverman »

This event was publicly marked as cancelled. When was it uncancelled? Why was that not announced, here or elsewhere?

As someone who would very much like to play this set (and who lives in Arlington, where this shadow mirror was apparently held), I really would've appreciated a public indication that it was still being held. My name was on the signup spreadsheet and I PM'd Matt suggesting a separate post for the mirror (since the initial announcement was buried within the Jimenez Ad Hoc Event thread), so it's not like I was interested but didn't show it.
Steven Silverman
Unionville High School '13
Carnegie Mellon University '17
Auron

Silverman wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:59 pm This event was publicly marked as cancelled. When was it uncancelled? Why was that not announced, here or elsewhere?

As someone who would very much like to play this set (and who lives in Arlington, where this shadow mirror was apparently held), I really would've appreciated a public indication that it was still being held. My name was on the signup spreadsheet and I PM'd Matt suggesting a separate post for the mirror (since the initial announcement was buried within the Jimenez Ad Hoc Event thread), so it's not like I was interested but didn't show it.
Once we realized there wouldn't be enough people to do this in College Park, we moved to someone's house; our host was, I think understandably, anxious about hosting people they didn't know, and asked me to only invite people they had met. I apologize that this affected you adversely but I do think that's a fair request.
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
Ndg
Rikku

Post by Ndg »

The King's Flight to the Scots wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:38 pm
Silverman wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:59 pm This event was publicly marked as cancelled. When was it uncancelled? Why was that not announced, here or elsewhere?

Once we realized there wouldn't be enough people to do this in College Park, we moved to someone's house; our host was, I think understandably, anxious about hosting people they didn't know, and asked me to only invite people they had met. I apologize that this affected you adversely but I do think that's a fair request.
No one is going to begrudge a few friends playing packets at someone's house, but posting the stats publicly and posting a link to them in the thread about the actual event undermines the notion that that's all it was.
Andrew Nadig

Mannhiem Mannheim Manheim Township, 2005-11
Carnegie Mellon University, 2011-15
Auron

Ndg wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:10 pm
The King's Flight to the Scots wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:38 pm

No one is going to begrudge a few friends playing packets at someone's house, but posting the stats publicly and posting a link to them in the thread about the actual event undermines the notion that that's all it was.
I'm not sure why we're being inquisitorial here ("undermines the notion"?), but many informal events keep stats; I did not ask Kevin to post them in the thread but I think he did so because he found them funny. "A few friends playing packets at someone's house" really is all this was, because the interest did not materialize for anything else.
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
Santa Claus
Rikku

Post by Santa Claus »

Ndg wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:10 pm No one is going to begrudge a few friends playing packets at someone's house, but posting the stats publicly and posting a link to them in the thread about the actual event undermines the notion that that's all it was.
how else are people going to know I got 1 power
Kevin Wang
Arcadia High School 2015
Amherst College 2019

2018 PACE NSC Champion
2019 PACE NSC Champion
Ndg
Rikku

Post by Ndg »

Again. This is fine. I'm not trying to crucify anyone. Sorry! Just pointing out that it looks goofy to post stats for, like, someone's house party.
Andrew Nadig

Mannhiem Mannheim Manheim Township, 2005-11
Carnegie Mellon University, 2011-15