NAQT's Asian Championship Series

This forum is for discussion of high school quiz bowl in all countries outside the U.S.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT's Asian Championship Series

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:NAQT is pleased to announce that it will sponsor a series of five quiz bowl tournaments in Asia in the 2017–2018 school year.

Invitationals
These four tournaments will use Invitational Series #167AS, an English-language question set written specifically for teams in Asia:

Chiang Mai Invitational: December 9, 2017 at the Chiang Mai International School in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Sunway Invitational: January 20, 2018 at the Sunway International School in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bandung Alliance Invitational: February 3, 2018 at the Bandung Alliance International School in Bandung, Indonesia
Guangzhou Invitational: March 24, 2018 at the American International School of Guangzhou in Guangzhou, China
Championship
The first three tournaments will be qualifiers for the 2018 Asian Championship Tournament at the Singapore American School on March 10, 2018.
full details
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred