QBINDAT@ Tufts University (4-15-17, Medford, MA)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Hertz
Kimahri

QBINDAT@ Tufts University (4-15-17, Medford, MA)

Post by Hertz »

Hello,

Tufts is excited to announce the first annual Quiz Bowl Is Not Dead At Tufts (QBINDAT) middle school tournament, on Saturday, April 15, 2017.

Tournament will be held on the Medford/Somerville campus of Tufts University, in Olin Hall (162 Packard Ave., Medford, MA 02155) just outside of Boston.

Questions
This tournament will be using the NAQT Middle School Series # 21 set (NAQT MS-21). Thus, the top 15% of teams will qualify for the 2017 NAQT Middle School National Championship Tournament, to be held in the Dallas, Texas area on May 13-14, 2017.

Eligibility
All middle schools are eligible to play QBINDAT. This tournament is open to any players who have not yet completed 8th grade, though the questions are targeted at 7th and 8th graders.

Schools are encouraged to enter multiple teams, but please note that players must play for the same team throughout the tournament.

Fee Structure
Base fee: $60 per team
-$30 for schools that played zero quiz bowl tournaments during the 2015-2016 school year (per team)
-$10 per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)
-$15 per staffer (We will hold a brief training session during check-in for those volunteers who have never kept score before.)
$10 discount per team traveling more than 100 miles one way

Minimum entry fee: $0

Registration
To register, e-mail me at [email protected]. Please include your school name, number of teams, number of buzzers, and number of moderators.

Field Cap and Call for Staff
We will have an initial field cap of 10 teams. If we get sufficient moderators, and there is interest in expanding, we will do so.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me. I hope to see you at Tufts in April!
Zach Hertz
Davis '15 | Tufts '19