Middle School Novice Tournament

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
tiwonge
Yuna

Middle School Novice Tournament

Post by tiwonge »

I'll be overseeing the Middle School Novice Tournament. If you'd like to be a part of it, please let me know, either by forum PM or e-mail. (I have some people who said they'd be interested, and I'll probably be sending them an e-mail soon.)

This is just meant to be an intro to quiz bowl, so it differs from other writing projects in at least two ways: it's going to be short (3-5 packets, unless people really get carried away), and easy (in David's words, the easiest tournament ever). That may be the hardest part of writing--not letting the difficulty level get away from us and strictly controlling it. 5 packets times 20 questions is at most 100 tossups and 100 bonus questions, so even with a smallish writing team, this shouldn't be that big a commitment.
Colin McNamara, Boise State University
Member, PACE
Idaho Quiz & Academic Teams
tiwonge
Yuna

Re: Middle School Novice Tournament

Post by tiwonge »

This set is almost completely written. (I'm waiting for one tossup.)

Looking for people (especially middle school students or teachers) interested in playtesting it or looking it over.

(This is strictly an introductory set, and will not be released as a tournament, so there's no need to worry about spoiling it.)
Colin McNamara, Boise State University
Member, PACE
Idaho Quiz & Academic Teams