Literature "Progression"

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jij03
Lulu

Literature "Progression"

Post by jij03 »

So, thanks to QB, and the help that I've received on here, I have a restored love of reading. So much so that I got a Kindle and I've essentially ditched my phone for entertainment purposes. I've read a couple of QB cannon books, but it's all just kind of been grab and go with titles.

Books I have read already: Brave New World, 1984, Invisible Man (Ellison), Candide, Hamlet, Othello, Caesar, Illiad, Odyssey, and Various short stories and poems

I wish to read as many QB books as I can. If any of y'all have an idea as to how I could progress through the cannon, I would thoroughly appreciate the help.
Aidan McWilliams
Fort Osage '21
Mizzou '25
34 + P.J. Dozier
Wakka

Re: Literature "Progression"

Post by 34 + P.J. Dozier »

Although they're hardly exhaustive, NAQT's You Gotta Know lists are a great (and free!) place to start for all subjects. As far as progressing through the canon goes, it's simply not possible for one player to read every single work in the high school literature canon, so you should really just pick and choose from the works that come up in-game that pique your interest the most.
Wonyoung Jang
Belmont '18 // UChicago '22
ACF; NAQT; PACE
aqblsheetsmanager
Lulu

Post by aqblsheetsmanager »

Also, if you are willing to cash in some money, NAQT's frequency list for literature is a decently complete list of books and their authors. I do not believe there to be plot summaries in the lists though.
AQBL Statsmin
Banana Stand
Wakka

Post by Banana Stand »

biofanat wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 pm Also, if you are willing to cash in some money, NAQT's frequency list for literature is a decently complete list of books and their authors. I do not believe there to be plot summaries in the lists though.
Please, for the love of god, do not pay money for this. Keep reading the very famous books of the canon that come up frequently which are usually very enjoyable in their own right (you don’t need a frequency list for this; this knowledge can be gained through packet study or even looking at free online lists). If you want to get really efficient, you’ll have to be choosier about what to read in full and what to read summaries of. If you keep reading, you will get better. There’s no magic bullet to progressing in literature (or any part of the game), just try to always be reading something.
Jack Mehr
St. Joe's NJ '14
UVA '19