QuizDB settings for MSNCT

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
QuizBro
Lulu

QuizDB settings for MSNCT

Post by QuizBro »

I have been wondering what difficulty to use for studying for MSNCT. I have been using middle school and easy high school at the same time. Thanks. :grin:
Brodie Henry
West Point High School (2020-25)
Former player for West Point Intermediate and Middle Schools

“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood. I didn’t take either of them. There might be squirrels.”
Bosa of York
Rikku

Re: QuizDB settings for MSNCT

Post by Bosa of York »

In any kind of studying, it's best to be practicing on questions harder than you're usually going to be playing; that way you'll be seeing clues that appear at the beginnings of tossups or in the hard parts of bonuses more frequently as they're used as middle clues and middle parts at harder difficulties. If you want to get from not making the MSNCT playoffs to making them it would be best to study easy to regular-difficulty high school questions; since the MSNCT playoffs are ostensibly high-school regular-difficulty now if you want to get farther in them it would be worthwhile to try and read more difficult high school sets, potentially up to HS Nationals or easy college tournaments like ACF Fall.
Eric Wolfsberg
Bethlehem Central High School 2016
University of Delaware 2020
Stanford 2025 or whatever
Bloomington
Lulu

Re: QuizDB settings for MSNCT

Post by Bloomington »

Milhouse wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:07 am In any kind of studying, it's best to be practicing on questions harder than you're usually going to be playing; that way you'll be seeing clues that appear at the beginnings of tossups or in the hard parts of bonuses more frequently as they're used as middle clues and middle parts at harder difficulties.
For me I have been reading Hard High school questions (level 4) off of QuizDB and doing QuizDroid. I feel like I have got much better because of that. I have also been reading a great informative High School History textbook that has taught me a lot.
Soren Gjesfjeld

Bloomington ‘24
Writer for IESA State Series