NMMS 3 Available for Mirrors

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
djones
Wakka

NMMS 3 Available for Mirrors

Post by djones »

The Northmont Middle School Invitational set (NMMS 3) will be available for mirrors this year beginning on October 12th.

The set will be approximately NAQT MS difficulty. Our experienced writing team is myself, Emily Bingham, Kara Combs, and Samantha Street. I have been writing for leagues and tournaments around the state for the last decade, and Emily and Kara have extensive writing experience for OAC Regionals and State, ACE / Qwiz quiz bowl camps, and other events around Ohio. In other words, I am very confident that this will be a good set. The set is currently completely written and is being edited.

We have posted the NMMS 1 set to the archives and it should be available as soon as it is approved. We will post last year's NMMS 2 set in December after some early season mirrors of the set this year. Last year's set was mirrored at seven sites and I heard positive feedback from teams and coaches who played the set.

The distribution of the set this year is as follows:
4/4 Lit
4/4 Science
4/4 History
2/2 Fine Arts
1/1 Trash
1.5 /1.5 Geography
2.5 / 2.5 Mythology / Religion
0.5/0.5 Math
0.5/0.5 Social Science / Philosophy / Multi-Discipline

If you are interested in mirroring the set, please send me an email at [email protected]. Mirror fee is $10 per team.
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
djones
Wakka

Re: NMMS 3 Available for Mirrors

Post by djones »

This set may work well for novice high school events as well if any event is in need of a set. Current list of mirrors is listed below. A couple others are likely at this moment, but I won't list them until they are confirmed.

Current Mirrors:
Northmont Middle School Invitational (main site): October 5th (Ohio)
Iowa Quiz Bowl League Fall Kickoff: October 26th (Iowa)
Lawrence County Academic League: Beginning October 21st (Alabama)
Opelika Middle School Tournament: December 14th (Alabama)
North Gwinnett Middle School Tournament: September 2020 (Georgia) - they used NMMS 2 this year
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
nicole.
Rikku

Re: NMMS 3 Available for Mirrors

Post by nicole. »

Hello,
Would there be any interest in an online mirror of this set given the recent influx of online tournaments?
Nic Pruitt (they/them)

Founder of the Maine Quiz Bowl Alliance (MEQBA)
Bates College '25
Kings College London, Winter '24 Semester
Ridgewood '21
Director of Outreach, American Quizbowl League, Prometheus Science Bowl, and Long Island Quiz Bowl Alliance
Outreach and Technology, Florida Quiz Bowl Association