2021 ACF Fall High School Mirror (National)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
oriley
Wakka

2021 ACF Fall High School Mirror (National)

Post by oriley »

Greetings! The Northfield Quizbowl team is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the national high school mirror of 2021 ACF Fall on Saturday, October 16, 2021 over Zoom and Buzzin.live. This mirror is open to any high school team regardless of location, though schools in California or Georgia should investigate this mirror. ACF Fall is a suitable difficulty for teams that are comfortable playing “high school regular” difficulty or NAQT’s IS sets. The field cap is set tentatively at 18 teams, though we may expand if we have sufficient staff.

The tournament is tentatively scheduled to begin at 9:00 AM Central Time, and all teams will be guaranteed at least nine games regardless of field size.

Rules
This tournament will adhere to ACF’s general gameplay rules. Rules specifically pertaining to online tournaments have been rendered in blue. To prevent cheating, all players will be required to have both of their hands and their screen in view of a camera. This may be easily accomplished with a second camera angle, or by buzzing on a phone. For this reason, unfortunately we will not be able to permit any camera exemptions. Those who have issues with Internet who wish to play this tournament might be able to inquire as to whether their school would allow their team to use a classroom for the day, for example.

Team Registration
Fill out this registration form to register for this tournament. The field for each site can be found here. Due to the field cap, schools are temporarily limited to registering a maximum of 2 teams until Monday, October 4. The deadline to register is Monday, October 11 at 10:00 PM Central.

Fees
  • Base fee: $120
  • Shorthanded discount (1–2 players): −$60
  • Staffers: $25 per staffer. Staffers must register in advance with this form.
Teams must email me their plan for payment at the latest by 10:00 PM central on the day before the tournament (Friday, October 15) or they will be dropped from the field. We prefer a check, but please reach out if you prefer a different payment method. My email is oriley1201 AT icloud DOT com.

Packet Submission
High school teams are NOT required to submit questions in order to play ACF Fall. Those that wish to anyway may see the set announcement post for details.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
oriley
Wakka

Re: 2021 ACF Fall High School Mirror (National)

Post by oriley »

Greetings, mortals.

We have 13 teams in the field for ACF Fall, meaning I require a minimum of six staffers to run the tournament. I do not have six staffers; I have three.

If I do not find at least three more staffers by tomorrow night (Wednesday), I will have to cancel the tournament.

Teams that promised me staffers did not send me staffers. Multiple staffers that promised to staff this tournament either did not, or chose to staff other mirrors. I find myself rather frustrated.

Any help on your part would be much appreciated. If you know people who generally enjoy staffing quizbowl tournaments, would you forward them the form linked at the bottom of this email?

Thanks!

https://forms.gle/EFqZKtLk89iQc4C67
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
oriley
Wakka

Post by oriley »

We are no longer in danger of needing to cancel this tournament. I have ten registered staffers currently, enough to double-staff four of our six rooms.

A huge thanks to everyone who pitched in to keep this tournament alive.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach
bmccauley
Wakka

Post by bmccauley »

Will the final stats be posted online?
EDIT: They appear on the hsquizbowl homepage but do not appear when you click on the event...at least on my end.
Bernard McCauley
Coach, Great Valley High School (PA)
Halinaxus
Wakka

Post by Halinaxus »

bmccauley wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:26 pm Will the final stats be posted online?
EDIT: They appear on the hsquizbowl homepage but do not appear when you click on the event...at least on my end.
There are two entries for this tournament on the database (not sure why); perhaps you're looking at the "wrong" one. This is the entry with the stats (which work fine for me).

This has been fixed up. --Mgmt.
Reilly Melville
Chaska High School '22
Purdue University '26
oriley
Wakka

Post by oriley »

As a somewhat belated reply, final stats for this tournament may be found at this link. Category stats may be found here. Another huge thanks to all the teams and staffers who made this tournament such a success!
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach