LHASA

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
bkmcavoybickford
Wakka

LHASA

Post by bkmcavoybickford »

The mods of the HSQB server and other associated staffers and writers are pleased to present to you LHASA: League of HSQB Associated Summer Activities. This will be a synchronous summer league spanning from late June to early August. Teams will play 1-2 matches per week during that time frame. It will also be packet submission, meaning teams will be expected to write part of a packet of questions before the event begins.

Eligibility:
Anyone is eligible to play if they were enrolled in a high school in the 2020-2021 school year.
Anyone is also eligible to play if they will be enrolled in a high school in the 2021-2022 school year.
People who are banned from normal one-day tournaments are also banned from this event.

Teams:
There will tentatively be 2 divisions: Competitive and Standard. The competitive division is intended for strong chimera teams and school teams that consider themselves top 25 or 30 in the nation. The standard division is intended for all other teams. You may suggest what division you would like to play as, but we will ultimately set the divisions.
Up to 5 players will be allowed on a team. Only 4 may play at once.
Teams may sign up at this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
You can also register on that spreadsheet as a free agent.
There will be a field cap of 18 in competitive and 9 in standard.
Three teams will be paired up to write a packet together.

Writing:
Teams will be grouped with 2 other teams to write questions
Combined they will be responsible for submitting 24/24
No meta questions will be allowed
Packets will be 20/20
Distribution:
4.5/4.5 History (1/1 American, 1/1 Other Western (Euro + UK + Ireland + Canada + Australia + New Zealand), 1/1 World, .5/.5 Ancient, 1/1 Any or Other History- please make sure these are not all from the same category)
4.5/4.5 Literature (1/1 Poetry, 1/1 Short fiction/other, 1/1 drama, 1/1 long fiction, .5/.5 choice)
4.5/4.5 Science (1/1 Biology, 1/1 Chemistry, 1/1 Physics, .5/.5 Math, .5/.5 Other, .5/.5 Any)
3/3 RMPSS (1.5/1.5 Religion and Mythology, .5/.5 Philosophy, .5/.5 Social Science, .5/.5 Any RMPSS)
3/3 Modern World (1/1 Pop Culture and Sports, 1/1 Geography, .5/.5 Current Events, .5/.5 Any Modern World)
3/3 Fine Arts (1/1 Auditory, 1/1 Visual, 1/1 Other)
1.5/1.5 Writer’s Choice/Other
These questions must be written in a normal quiz bowl format; there are not gimmicks like 4-part bonuses or superpowers
We will add in powermarks later for consistency
Teams should aim to each write at least 6/6 of the packet; the work doesn’t necessarily have to be split between the teams exactly evenly but all teams should contribute significantly.
If teams refuse to write questions with a reasonable amount of effort, we reserve the right to kick them from the tournament.
Questions will be regs+ (between DART and HSNCT in difficulty)
Tossups should be around 6 lines of Times New Roman size 11

Rounds:
Teams will be responsible for coordinating playing either 1 or 2 rounds per week.
Cameras will be required, as will an honor pledge. We may grant camera exemptions if you ask.
We will provide moderators for matches if teams let us know when the matches are.
We are looking for additional people interested in moderating these matches.
If your packet is being played during the round, you may also moderate matches that round.
There are -5 point penalties, 15 point powers, and no bouncebacks

Please post here or contact any of the organizational team/HSQB mods if you have questions or comments!
Benjamin McAvoy-Bickford.
siddh
Kimahri

Re: LHASA

Post by siddh »

Hi, so we just created a team...can we still sign up for LHASA? I noticed we weren't paired with any other teams on the spreadsheet yet, so that's why I'm asking. I filled out the spreadsheet a few days ago btw.

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
Siddharth D.
T.H. Rogers '21
St. John's '25
bkmcavoybickford
Wakka

siddh wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am Hi, so we just created a team...can we still sign up for LHASA? I noticed we weren't paired with any other teams on the spreadsheet yet, so that's why I'm asking. I filled out the spreadsheet a few days ago btw.

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
Yes, although this puts you on the waitlist unless we can pair you up with other teams.
bkmcavoybickford
Wakka

The LHASA field is closed. Games will begin shortly, after which stats will be posted. Thanks to everyone who has signed up! Also, let me know if anyone who is playing is not in the server- your teammates should have forwarded you the server link.