The Long Island Season Finale [FREE] [Long Island]

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
a Joe
Rikku

The Long Island Season Finale [FREE] [Long Island]

Post by a Joe »

The Long Island Quiz Bowl Alliance is proud to announce the FREE Long Island Season Finale! Details follow.

DATE AND TIME:

The Long Island Season Finale will take place on Saturday, May 22, 2021, from 9:30 AM EST to 4 or 5 PM. Online registration opens at 9:00 AM. All players and coaches should be logged onto the server by 9:15 AM.

ELIGIBILITY:

This tournament will be limited to teams from Nassau and Suffolk counties in New York.

QUESTIONS/FORMAT:

The event will be using ERIS, a High School set of easy difficulty. This tournament will use the standard Tossup/Bonus format, and will use AQBL Ruleset A.

Teams will be seeded into preliminary brackets, followed by re-seeding for playoffs. All teams will be guaranteed 10 rounds. Teams are expected to stay and play the entire event, even if you are not in contention for the championship.

The initial field cap will be 36 teams. If we get sufficient interest, we will up this as needed.

TEAMS:

There are a maximum of 6 players per team, 4 of whom may play at once. Teams may play short, with a minimum of one player. Nobody may switch teams during the tournament, such as from "A" to "B" or otherwise. There will be a maximum of 2 teams per school.

Without exception, all players MUST be from the same school. This is not an open mirror; no chimera teams are permitted whatsoever.

To ensure the smooth functioning of our event, rosters must be submitted at least one week in advance. Coaches are welcome to spectate, as long as we know in advance.

We are happy to allow pseudonymous teams and teams not directly sponsored by their school or district to register. However, we do have certain requirements for these teams, so please contact us via email or phone prior to registration and we will be happy to work with you.

PRIZES:

Trophies will be awarded to the top three teams as well as the top individual. We reserve the right to increase the number of trophies and prizes as the field expands at our discretion.

FEES:

This tournament is 100% FREE! No payment is required. Just sign up and go!

In order to register, follow one of these options:

-- Fill out THIS GOOGLE FORM
-- Email us at [email protected] or post in this thread with the following:
---- Number of teams and staffers
---- The name of your school, and pseudonym if applicable
---- An email address where we can reach you

Once you receive a confirmation from us, you are officially registered.

Please ensure you register prior to the day of the tournament. The drop deadline is one week prior to the event.

STATS:

Full and complete team and individual stats will be posted within 48 hours after the completion of the tournament.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!
"THE" Joe Feldman
President, The Long Island Quiz Bowl Alliance
President, Suffolk County Community College Traveling Trivia Team
Founder, American Quizbowl League
President Emeritus, Smithtown High School West

Ask me how I (almost) monopolized Quizbowl
a Joe
Rikku

Re: The Long Island Season Finale [FREE] [Long Island]

Post by a Joe »

FIELD:

Kellenberg (1)
South Side (1)
Plainedge (2)
East Islip (1)
Wheatley (1)
Port Washington (1)
North Babylon (2)
Ward Melville (1)
Deer Park (1)
Half Hollow Hills East (1)

(12/36)
"THE" Joe Feldman

a Joe
Rikku

Re: The Long Island Season Finale [FREE] [Long Island]

Post by a Joe »

This tournament was a success! 9 teams competed for the championship; South Side came out on top, followed by Ward Melville and Port Washington in their first ever tournament of any type.

Congrats to everyone! We'll see you next season when the Island Cup returns for a third season!
"THE" Joe Feldman