Illinois DART Mirror

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
angrybird
Kimahri

Illinois DART Mirror

Post by angrybird »

I am pleased to announce the Illinois DART Tournament, which will be held in May (likely May 8) on Discord. The tournament will be run by Zaid Siddiqui (me).

More info on the set: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=24131

Eligibility:
This tournament is open to all high school and middle school teams from Illinois. All players on a team must attend the same school. Exceptions to this geographic restriction will be allowed on a case by case basis. Please email me at [email protected] to request an exception.

Schedule and Format:
The tournament will use Discord. It is scheduled to begin at 9 AM Central Time (10 AM Eastern). All players must use videos during the tournament unless they specifically requested, and received an exception from me. We will use standard 15 point powers, -5 for incorrect answers, and no bouncebacks on bonuses.

To register, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/mUFxDwxtHnqyVgdJ6
The field is capped at 24 teams currently, but we may expand (likely) depending on staff availability.

Staff:
We are looking for moderators and scorekeepers who want to staff this tournament. All staffers not affiliated with attending teams will be paid $25. Stats will be using TJ Sheets.
To register to staff, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/ikGR7X5C11xskzFN8

Fees:
The entry fee for this tournament will be $65 per team. There is a $20 discount for each moderator/scorekeeper a team brings with them. Payment must be made by Venmo or Paypal. Further details on how to pay will come in an email in the future. If Venmo or Paypal does not work for you, or if you have any questions, please email me at [email protected] .

Conduct:
We are committed to keeping quizbowl a safe place for all participants. Misconduct, cheating, and other forms of misbehavior are not tolerated and we reserve the right to remove players if they commit such acts. Players will be expected to abide by the PACE Code of Conduct and can avail themselves of the quizbowl misconduct form, in addition to reporting misconduct to me or other tournament officials.

We will also note that playing without a camera and exhibiting behaviors suggestive of cheating will place you under extreme suspicion.

Misconduct form: tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

Contact Information:
You can direct any questions or concerns you have to [email protected] .
Zaid Siddiqui
Detroit Country Day School
angrybird
Kimahri

Re: Illinois DART Mirror

Post by angrybird »

FIELD (9/12)

Adlai E. Stevenson (2)
Heritage High School (1)
IMSA (2)
Naperville North (1)
Northfield (MN) (1)