MCMT Northeast HS Mirror [April 25, 2021] (CT, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
QuestionCactus
Lulu

MCMT Northeast HS Mirror [April 25, 2021] (CT, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT)

Post by QuestionCactus »

The MCMT Northeast HS Mirror will take place online on April 25th, 2021. Contact [email protected] with any questions.

Geographic Restriction

High school teams in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont can compete in this tournament. Teams in other states can find their regional mirror here: MCMT 2020-2021 Info.

To request an exception, contact Ganon Evans at [email protected].

Question Set

MCMT is a regular-difficulty high school set. Learn more about the set here: MCMT 2020-2021 Info.

Rules
All players, coaches, and spectators must follow the AQBL Code of Conduct.

Players must keep their cameras on unless a written request for an exception is approved. Gameplay will follow NAQT rules with the following modifications:
• Rounds will be untimed and consist of twenty tossup-bonus cycles
• Players will receive 7 seconds after buzzing in, after being prompted, and after the tossup ends
• Tied games will be broken by reading tossups until the first score change
• Protests to overturn a first-sentence neg on the grounds that the clues leading up to the buzz didn't uniquely specify an answer will be treated as if the buzz was at the end of the first sentence

The tournament will start at 10am eastern and end at approximately 6pm eastern.

Registration

Register here: Online Registration Form

The field is tentatively capped at 24 teams, but this may increase. Teams that register after the field fills will be placed on a waitlist. Teams that drop out after 11am eastern on Thursday, April 22nd (i.e. 72 hours before the tournament begins) are liable for the entire entry fee.

Payment

The registration fee is $80 per team by PayPal or Venmo. Let me know if you need to use another payment method.

Moderating

Moderators will be paid $30. Register here: Moderator Registration Form
Last edited by QuestionCactus on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arjun Panickssery (he/his)
President, American Quizbowl League
QuestionCactus
Lulu

Re: MCMT Northeast HS Mirror [April 25, 2021] (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)

Post by QuestionCactus »

Field (1)
Stevenson (1)
Last edited by QuestionCactus on Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
QuestionCactus
Lulu

Re: MCMT Northeast HS Mirror [April 25, 2021] (CT, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT)

Post by QuestionCactus »

Tournament expanded to NY/NJ (schools from other states can request an exemption).