Houston Online Spring Tournament (4/10/21)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Mr. Lbs
Kimahri

Houston Online Spring Tournament (4/10/21)

Post by Mr. Lbs »

Houston High School (MO) is proud to host our Fifth Annual Houston Spring Invitational on Saturday, April 10th. We will be using the question set NAQT IS-200A. If you are competing in another tournament using this question set you will not be able to be in both tournaments. So far, that would mean the Eugene Quads or the Lee's Summit West Titan tournament. This will be more important to track this year due to the online process opening up geographic limitations. The format will be the standard 20/20 format with powers but no negs. I have not decided yet whether we will rebound bonuses or not. I'll decide that as we get closer. This will be an online tournament and we will use Google Meet for our moderator rooms with buzzin.live for our buzzer systems. As is the case with everything else this year, this tournament will be a little different and have some necessary changes to make things run smoothly in the new format. As usual, we will have two divisions, Competitive and Standard. The size of each division will depend on the amount of staff we are able to recruit. If you are willing to moderate or have someone who is willing, please let me know. Also, let me know if you have any willing scorekeepers and how many teams you would like to enter. Thanks!

base fee (first team from each school): $60
second or subsequent teams: $55
Moderator discount -$15

User was reminded to enable a signature - Mgmt
Jason Pounds
Houston High School
Mr. Lbs
Kimahri

Re: Houston Online Spring Tournament (4/10/21)

Post by Mr. Lbs »

We will cap at 24 teams, but I will expand if I can get extra workers but probably not more than 30. Current field:

Aurora
Thayer (2)
Richland
Rolla (2)
Poplar Bluff
Salem (2)
Mountain Grove (2)
Clever (2)
Weaubleau
Conway
Waynesville
Gainesville
Kickapoo (2)
Houston (2) - depending on the need for workers...

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested

User was reminded to enable a signature - Mgmt
Last edited by Mr. Lbs on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Pounds
Houston High School