Delta Burke HS Open Mirror [March 28, 2021]

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
QuestionCactus
Lulu

Delta Burke HS Open Mirror [March 28, 2021]

Post by QuestionCactus »

The Delta Burke High School Mirror will take place online on March 28th, 2021. Contact [email protected] with any questions.

Eligibility

This tournament is open. A team's players don't have to attend the same school.

Question Set

Delta Burke is an easy college set, so it's similar in difficulty to a high school regs set, or slightly harder.

Learn more about the set here: Delta Burke 2020 Info

Rules
All players, coaches, and spectators must follow the AQBL Code of Conduct.

Players must keep their cameras on unless a written request for an exception is approved. Gameplay will follow NAQT rules with the following modifications:
• Rounds will be untimed and consist of twenty tossups
• Players will receive 7 seconds after buzzing in, after being prompted, and after the tossup ends
• Tied games will be broken by reading tossups until the first score change
• Protests to overturn a first-sentence neg on the grounds that the clues leading up to the buzz didn't uniquely specify an answer will be treated as if the buzz was at the end of the first sentence

The tournament will start at 10am eastern and end at approximately 6pm eastern.

Registration

Register here: Online Registration Form

The field is tentatively capped at 24 teams, but this may increase. Teams that register after the field fills will be placed on a waitlist. Teams that drop out after 10am eastern on Thursday, March 25th (i.e. 72 hours before the tournament begins) are liable for the entire entry fee.

Payment

The registration fee is $75 per team by PayPal or Venmo. Let me know if you need to use another payment method.

Moderating

Moderators will be paid $30 and can register here: Moderator Registration Form
Last edited by QuestionCactus on Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arjun Panickssery (he/his)
President, American Quizbowl League
QuestionCactus
Lulu

Re: Delta Burke HS Open Mirror [March 28, 2021]

Post by QuestionCactus »

Team Formation Spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

You should update this spreadsheet but only the registration form is official and determines the actual field.
Arjun Panickssery (he/his)
President, American Quizbowl League
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: Delta Burke HS Open Mirror [March 28, 2021]

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Thanks to Arjun and all his staff for running a competition on the 2020 Delta Burke set. I hope everyone enjoyed the questions. Perhaps not surprisingly, it looks like the HS players in this tournament scored better than both the teams at my CC iteration and the novice university teams in the Ohio State mirror. I'd be very interested in any feedback folks want to share.

A private discussion forum (2021 Delta Burke Discussion) can be accessed through your UCP. I hope some of you will request to join and let me know any thoughts on specific questions, overall set difficulty, or anything else. (I'll see about making that forum public soon, but so far no one has posted anything, meaning the set is presumably perfect in every way!).
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah