Pennsylvania DART Mirror (5/15)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
anish.kodali
Kimahri

Pennsylvania DART Mirror (5/15)

Post by anish.kodali »

I am pleased to announce the Pennsylvania DART Tournament which will be held on May 15th, 2021 on Zoom.

Set: This tournament will use DART, a high school regular difficulty set written by Detroit Country Day School. Details about the set can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=24131.

The tournament will only be open to Pennsylvania teams. All teams must consist of players from the same schools, and rosters will be limited to six players. The field will be capped at 16 teams but will expand if there is sufficient interest and staff. Schools will be limited to sending 2 teams, with additional teams being placed on a waitlist and only moved into the field after a certain date to be determined.

Please register using this Google Form: https://forms.gle/dBL2By1LuDwJdxjd7.

Staff:
All staff will be paid $30 for a full-day commitment of either scorekeeping or reading. The staffing form can be found here:https://forms.gle/DChVbDpWM2a2HRVd8. Scorekeepers will need to be familiar with TJ Sheets.

Format:
We will be following mACF rules with powers being worth 15 points and negs being worth -5 points and no bounceback bonuses. More importantly, this tournament will use tossup only prelims and tossup/bonus playoffs.

As of now, all teams will be guaranteed 10 games, with top teams playing 11 or 12 games to determine the champion. More information about the exact setup of the tournament will be given as we get closer to the tournament date.

Fees:
This tournament will cost $50, with no discounts available. The easiest method of payment would be PayPal or Venmo but checks will also work. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to pay by check. Invoices will be provided upon request.

Contact Information:
You can contact me either by email ([email protected]) or on Discord (my username is Anish#2550).

Conduct:
Cheating and harassment will not be tolerated at this tournament. All players must have their cameras on during the tournament unless they receive a camera exception. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to get an exception.

Misconduct can be reported to the tournament staff or to me through discord DMs, a private Zoom message, or through email. If you feel uncomfortable at this tournament and would like to report misconduct, you can fill out the anonymous form below which will be sent to other quizbowl organizations.

Misconduct Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform
Anish Kodali
GVHS '22
anish.kodali
Kimahri

Re: Pennsylvania DART Mirror (5/15)

Post by anish.kodali »

I'm excited to announce that Seth Paul (Penn State) will be co-TDing this tournament with me.

The current field (out of 16 teams so far) is listed below.

Field (8/16):
Downingtown STEM (x2)
Trinity (x2)
Downingtown East (x2)
Cedar Crest
Kiski
Anish Kodali
GVHS '22