Virginia ERIS Mirror - Canceled

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
meebles127
Wakka

Virginia ERIS Mirror - Canceled

Post by meebles127 »

I am pleased to announce that I will be directing the Virginia mirror of ERIS on Saturday, January 26th.

Eligibility
This is a closed high school tournament. It is open to all high school teams from Virginia as well as all teams from West Virginia, North Carolina, or Tennessee within a 3-hour drive of Salem, Virginia, as determined by Google Maps. If you do not meet these guidelines your registration will be placed on a waitlist until 1 week before the tournament.

Middle School teams within a 3-hour drive of Salem, Virginia may register to play as well. There will be no exceptions to this rule.

This is a novice tournament and as such will have novice eligibility guidelines. Any player who has attended HSNCT, PACE NSC, MSNCT, scored more than 50 PPG on any HS set, or score more than 75 PPG on any MS set must apply to play.

Schedule and Format
The tournament will be run on Discord. All players will be expected to use video during the tournament unless they have specifically requested, and received, an exception from the tournament director (me). It will start at 9 AM Eastern. Please be on the server 30 minutes before the start of the tournament. I am planning to guarantee at least 8 games to all teams with a final number of rounds determined when the field is locked.

Conduct
I am committed to keeping quizbowl a safe place for all participants. Misconduct, cheating, and other forms of misbehavior are not tolerated and I reserve the right to remove players if they commit such acts. Players will be expected to abide by the PACE Code of Conduct and can avail themselves of the quizbowl misconduct form, in addition to reporting misconduct to me or other tournament officials.

I will also note that playing without a camera and exhibiting behaviors suggestive of cheating will place you under extreme suspicion.

Fees
The entry fee for this tournament will be $60 per team. As this tournament is online, no buzzer discounts will be given. Payment by PayPal or Venmo is preferred but I can accommodate other payment options if necessary.

Registration
In order to register for this tournament, email me at egunter127 AT gmail DOT com. In your registration email please include a full list of all players you intend to bring, your school name, and a contact for the day of the tournament.

If you decide to change your roster prior to the tournament you must inform me so I can re-approve your roster. Additionally, teams may include a maximum of 6 players on their rosters, no exceptions.

If you need an invoice, please let me know and I will provide you with one.

Schools from outside the region outlined above may register but will be placed on a waitlist until 19 January 2021.

The initial field cap will be 16; I reserve the right to raise the field cap if I have enough staff.

Staff
Staffers will be paid $20 for staffing this tournament (or receive a discount in that amount for your team if staffing for a team). If you would like to staff, please email me at egunter127 AT gmail DOT com. No team may use staffer discounts to reduce the fees for their school to less than $20/team.

If you have any questions please direct them towards me.
Last edited by meebles127 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E. Gunter

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"It's by Dali, it has the creepy clocks, but I can't remember its name!"
meebles127
Wakka

Re: Virginia ERIS Mirror [26 January 2020]

Post by meebles127 »

This post is reserved for field updates.
E. Gunter

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

meebles127
Wakka

Re: Virginia ERIS Mirror - Canceled

Post by meebles127 »

Due to personal issues, this tournament is canceled. I encourage any middle school teams that were interested in signing up to play Conor Thompson's ERIS Middle School league. If anyone in the area is interested in hosting ERIS please contact Conor Thompson to discuss a potential mirror
E. Gunter