[CANCELED] New Jersey State Championships

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Votre Kickstarter Est Nul
Rikku

[CANCELED] New Jersey State Championships

Post by Votre Kickstarter Est Nul »

Rutgers University-New Brunswick will be hosting the New Jersey State Championships on May 2, 2020. It will be run on NAQT SCT-20DII. I, Emmett Laurie, will be serving as Tournament Director. Any questions you have can be addressed to me in forums PMs or at [email protected]

Field Size:
Our initial field cap is 24 teams. However, this is a state championship, and we will expand if need be once we procure the resources necessary to expand if the field necessitates it.

Registration and Fees:
Base fee: $80 for your first team, $75 for additional teams
Buzzer discount: -$5
Staffer discount: -$15
Shorthanded teams: Teams composed of 1 or 2 players will be charged $50. All other discounts can still apply.
New team discount: Teams that are new (defined as having played 2 tournaments or less last year) will receive a $15 discount.
The minimum fee per team is $50.

To register, please fill out this form.

Payment:
We expect all teams to pay on the day of the tournament. We will accept either cash, checks, or venmo. If you would like to pay by venmo please contact me and I will provide the handle. All checks must be made out to “Rutgers University Academic Team”. If your school requires an invoice for payment, please get in touch with us at the email address above as early as possible.

The tournament will be held in Scott Hall (43 College Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ) on the College Avenue campus of Rutgers-New Brunswick.

Transportation and Parking:
Teams driving to the tournament who wish to park on campus must purchase a $5 parking permit here (permits can only be purchased online on weekdays from 8am to 5pm). Information about visitor parking can be found here. Alternatively, teams can park in these off-campus facilities provided by the City of New Brunswick for a slightly higher fee. Scott Hall is also within walking distance of the New Brunswick NJ Transit station on the Northeast Corridor Line.

Schedule:
Registration will begin in Scott Hall at 8am and all teams should arrive at 8:30am at the latest. There will be opening announcements at 8:45am, and we hope to begin Round 1 as close to 9am as possible. The exact format will be determined by the final field size, but in any case, teams will be placed in preliminary brackets for morning rounds and then reseeded into playoff and consolation brackets in the afternoon. All teams will be guaranteed at least ten rounds in total.

Food:
Neither breakfast nor lunch will be provided. There are plenty of food places in the area. For lunch, I recommend Krispy Pizza or Tacoria for a good quick lunch. There are lots of other options too.

We hope to see you all in New Brunswick in January!
Last edited by Votre Kickstarter Est Nul on Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21
Rikku

Re: New Jersey State Championships

This post is reserved for field updates.

Field (Teams/Buzzers/Staff)
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21
Rikku

We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation. I am not entirely sure what is going to happen. The school has closed most things until ~April 15. We'll keep y'all posted.
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21
Rikku

Rutgers has closed for the semester. As such, the state championship is now canceled.
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21