Colorado Fall Kickoff (9/28)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Wartortullian
Rikku

Colorado Fall Kickoff (9/28)

Post by Wartortullian »

It is my pleasure to announce the Colorado Fall Kickoff Tournament on September 28, 2019, hosted by the University of Colorado Boulder. At this tournament, teams will be able to qualify for both HSNCT and NSC.

Question set:

This tournament will use NAQT IS-185A.

Location and schedule:
The tournament will be held on Saturday, September 28, in the Duane physics building (subject to change). The tournament will begin at 9:00 AM MDT, and teams should arrive by 8:30. Additional information will be emailed to registered teams.

Registration emails should be sent to [email protected]. Please let us know how many teams, staffers, and buzzers your school will be bringing.

Fees:
$60 for the first team from each school ($35 for schools new to quiz bowl)
$35 for each subsequent team
Buzzer discount: -$10/functional system
Staffer discount: -$10/staffer (staffers are encouraged to bring laptops)
Minimum fee: $25/team

The new school discount applies to any school that did not compete in a multi-subject, pyramidal quiz bowl tournament during the 2017-2018 school year. This does not include Knowledge Bowl, Science Bowl, or History Bowl.

We're committed to making quizbowl accessible for all teams regardless of financial status. If the fee structure here would be a financial burden on your team, please email me.

Field cap:
We are setting a tentative field cap of 16 teams; this will change as we get more staffers.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected].
If you'd like more information about quiz bowl in Colorado, check out this website operated by the CU Boulder team. It contains resources for coaches and players, as well as a list of local tournaments.
Matt