We will be using the questions written for the Yale BHSAT.
The tournament will consist of preliminary rounds of round robins between small groups of teams, which will then be re-bracketed into groups of similar performance in the preliminary rounds. We will do everything we can to guarantee each team at least seven games of play.
Each match will consist of 20 tossups and 20 bonuses. Teams may be made up of up to six players. Four players may play at a time for a team. Teams with less than four players are allowed. Once a player is assigned to a team’s roster at the start of the tournament, those players cannot be moved between teams.
The top four teams will receive plaques or trophies for their performance. We will also recognize the highest scoring individual players. The University of Kentucky Spring Championship will also pursue affiliation as a qualifying tournament for the 2014 PACE NSC.
Alec Kamas will be the Tournament Director and Allison Murner will be the Assistant Tournament Director.
We are going to limit our field to 24 teams at first. This is to ensure we have enough moderators to support our field. As we recruit more staff, we will expand the field as we are able to. Until then, we will have a waitlist, from which teams will be admitted into the field. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
- The base fee is $80/team.
- The minimum fee $40/team.
- There is a $5 discount per working buzzer system
- There is a $10 discount for traveling over 200 miles.
- There is a $15 discount for each experienced moderator you can provide for the tournament; before claiming this discount, please contact us.
- If your team has not played an independent pyramidal tournament between September 1, 2010 and September 1, 2013, you automatically qualify for the minimum entry fee of $40.