Please post city and state in your announcement titles

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Please post city and state in your announcement titles

Post by Important Bird Area »

Just a reminder that it's a good idea for your tournament announcement to include a state (and where helpful, city) in the thread title. Teams trying to find tournaments to attend will save some time, instead of having to read the thread to find out where the [Mascot] Bowl- October 19th! will be held.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: Please post city and state in your announcement titles

Post by AKKOLADE »

If you can't fit the city in your subject, make sure it's in prominently in the announcement, at least!
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Re: Please post city and state in your announcement titles

Post by Robbie Ram »

bt_green_warbler wrote:Just a reminder that it's a good idea for your tournament announcement to include a state (and where helpful, city) in the thread title. Teams trying to find tournaments to attend will save some time, instead of having to read the thread to find out where the [Mascot] Bowl- October 19th! will be held.
Putting the date in the thread title is helpful as well!
Michael P. Campana
Coach/sponsor, Quiz Bowl Club
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA