2007 NAQT ICT Stats

Old college threads.

2007 NAQT ICT Stats

Postby cdbarker » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:40 am

Updated Playoff Stats can be found at:

Division I:
http://www.collegequizbowl.org/NAQT/2007_ICT/D-I/2007%20ICT%20Division%20I_standings.html

Division II:
http://www.collegequizbowl.org/NAQT/2007_ICT/D-II/NAQTICT2007_D-2_standings.html

Update:
We'll have the playoff rebracket after Round 7 and tie-breakers. When done, you'll see the playoff standings and an update to where to find the preliminary standings..

Prelim Brackets:
Division I:
http://www.collegequizbowl.org/NAQT/2007_ICT/D-I/2007%20ICT%20Division%20I%20Prelim_standings.html

Division II:
http://www.collegequizbowl.org/NAQT/2007_ICT/D-II/NAQTICT2007_D-2-Prelim_standings.html
User avatar
cdbarker
Lulu
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Northville, MI

Tiebreaker Game Results

Postby cdbarker » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:32 am

Here are the results of the tiebreaker games in Round 8:

Division I:
Iowa over Harding for 285-170. Iowa earns spot 4M

Wisconsin over Minnesota 150-70 (half game)
UCLA over Wisconsin 145-80 (half game)
UCLA earns spot 2H in the top bracket, Minnesota and Wisconsin get second playoff bracket spots.

Division II:
Vanderbilt defeats Snead State 215-55. Vanderbilt earns spot 6A.
User avatar
cdbarker
Lulu
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Northville, MI

Very brief results

Postby cdbarker » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:26 pm

It's Chicago over Illinois in Division I, it's Maryland over Dartmouth A in D-II, Carleton in D-I UG and Valencia A in CC.

Thanks to all of the teams. Fuller stats and announcements will be forthcoming. Thank you.
User avatar
cdbarker
Lulu
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Northville, MI

Postby Zip Zap Rap Pants » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:56 am

Was there a 3rd place game in DI? Did Matt get revenge for the :arminius: incident?
Matt Morrison, William & Mary '10, Tour Guide &c., MA in History '12?

"All the cool people eat mangoes while they smoke blunts and do cannonballs off a trampoline into my hot tub..."
-Matt Weiner

“In beer there is strength,
In wine is wisdom,
In water is germs.”
-Unknown

new email: mpmorr at email dot wm dot edu
User avatar
Zip Zap Rap Pants
Yuna
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:55 am
Location: Richmond/Williamsburg, VA

Postby cdbarker » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:33 pm

Yes, there was a third place game. Michigan defeated VCU.
User avatar
cdbarker
Lulu
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Northville, MI

Postby Deckard Cain » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:49 pm

I'm glad to see Oklahoma held their own well in Division 2. Hopefully the Southwest region will continue to improve and begin to remove the stigma of not being able to compete against other regions.
Matt Chadbourne
Viburnum HS '04
Missouri S&T '09 and '11
Missouri Quizbowl Alliance member/president emeritus

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
User avatar
Deckard Cain
Rikku
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:42 pm
Location: Ozark, Missouri

Postby DumbJaques » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:54 pm

TALKING ABOUT ACTUAL RESULTS IS NOT ALLOWED ONLY TALK ABOUT QUESTIONS YOU HATED
User avatar
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator
 
Posts: 3004
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Postby Frater Taciturnus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:27 pm

DumbJaques wrote:TALKING ABOUT ACTUAL RESULTS IS NOT ALLOWED ONLY TALK ABOUT QUESTIONS YOU HATED


What about questions that made players feel warm and fuzzy on the inside? :roll:
George Berry
georgeberry.vcu@gmail.com
--------------
J. Sargeant Reynolds CC 2008, 2009, 2014
Virginia Commonwealth 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
Douglas Freeman 2005, 2006, 2007
User avatar
Frater Taciturnus
Auron
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:26 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby theMoMA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:35 pm

dsfcaptains2005 wrote:
DumbJaques wrote:TALKING ABOUT ACTUAL RESULTS IS NOT ALLOWED ONLY TALK ABOUT QUESTIONS YOU HATED


What about questions that made players feel warm and fuzzy on the inside? :roll:


I powered a question that was in the D1 set! Warmness and fuzziness were off the charts.
User avatar
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:00 am

Postby Matt Weiner » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:45 pm

theMoMA wrote:I powered a question that was in the D1 set! Warmness and fuzziness were off the charts.


I happen to be looking at a graph of your FORB (Fuzziness Over Replacement Buzz) versus time right here and I think you're being hyperbolic as the chart quite clearly contains the entire plot within its boundaries.
User avatar
Matt Weiner
Sin
 
Posts: 8413
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby theMoMA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:16 pm

Matt Weiner wrote:
theMoMA wrote:I powered a question that was in the D1 set! Warmness and fuzziness were off the charts.


I happen to be looking at a graph of your FORB (Fuzziness Over Replacement Buzz) versus time right here and I think you're being hyperbolic as the chart quite clearly contains the entire plot within its boundaries.


Is that a "situation" studied by Robert Axelrod? If so, do I have a coincidence for you...
User avatar
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:00 am

Postby solonqb » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:02 am

Ah Robert "Hey, if I steal mathematical heat transfer models from physics, I can almost predict the alliance patterns in WWII from 15 previous years of diplomatic data!* Political Science works!**" Axelrod.

*He managed to compute like a 48% probability that Poland would ally with the Nazis. Retard.

**Unless you question the 50,000 inherent assumptions in his whole repeated tit-for-tat model. Fucker.
Noah Rahman
Welcome to Simbabwe, where the property is already owned and the houses built and you compete to burn and dispossess them. Compete with Robert Mugabe, Canaan Banana, Cecil Rhodes and Sir Godfrey Huggins to earn a place on the all-time EU travel ban list!
User avatar
solonqb
Tidus
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:00 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Postby Rothlover » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:05 am

solonqb wrote:Ah Robert "Hey, if I steal mathematical heat transfer models from physics, I can almost predict the alliance patterns in WWII from 15 previous years of diplomatic data!* Political Science works!**" Axelrod.

*He managed to compute like a 48% probability that Poland would ally with the Nazis. Retard.

**Unless you question the 50,000 inherent assumptions in his whole repeated tit-for-tat model. Fucker.


That is some quality anger there, is what that is.
Rothlover
Yuna
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:41 pm


Return to College area archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests