CREEK+ Online Nationwide Mirror (5/11/24)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
Nurostep
Lulu

CREEK+ Online Nationwide Mirror (5/11/24)

Post by Nurostep »

Hello everyone!

I am excited to announce that I'll be hosting an online, nationwide, closed, college-only mirror of CREEK+, open to any eligible college students, not just novices. Information about the set can be found here.

This tournament will take place on May 11, 2024 via Discord and Zoom. The tournament will begin at 10 AM Eastern Time and, as I plan to guarantee at least 9 games to every team, should be done by around 6 PM. As the tournament is online, players will be expected to have camera setups that show both hands, and if possible also the screen of their buzzing device (or, if buzzing on the same device as playing, something like holding your mouse in your hand will do just fine). Cheating will not be tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal from the tournament.

Pricing
Base fee: $90 per team
Minimum fee: $40

-$15 for any approved staffer
-$30 "shorthanded" discount (1-2 player team - will only be granted to, at most, ONE team from any given school)
-$40 for a "new to quizbowl discount" (any team whose program has not played a tournament in the last 8 years before the 2022-2023 season)

Payment can be made by Venmo (@SinecioM) or PayPal (sinecio928 [at] gmail [dot] com). If you need to pay by cash or check, please reach out to me by email. Teams that do not pay by May 18th, 2024, will be expected to pay an additional $15.

Registration & Staffing
Schools will be allowed to register three teams in the initial registration process, with any additional teams being waitlisted. Please fill out this form to register your team. The deadline to register a team is 11:59 PM on May 7th, 2024, and the deadline to drop from the field is 11:59 PM on May 9th, 2024. Any teams that drop after the drop deadline will be expected to pay the full tournament price, and any teams that register after the registration deadline may or may not be admitted into the field/waitlist. Any teams on the waitlist who are asked to join the field after the drop deadline will play for free.

Staff will be paid $25 (or volunteer hours, if preferred). Please fill out this form to sign up to staff (even if you are affiliated with a team playing the tournament).

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this post or email me at sinecio928 [at] gmail [dot] com.
All of our buzzes can become powers if we have the courage to neg.
Sinecio Morales
(Rockford) Auburn HS '23
Johns Hopkins University '27
Nurostep
Lulu

Re: CREEK+ Online Nationwide Mirror (5/11/24)

Post by Nurostep »

This post is reserved for field updates. The field will be soft capped at 16 teams unless we have enough staff and interest to expand the field. Reminder that the deadline to register a team is May 7th.

Field (14/14):
Arizona State A
Arizona State B
British Columbia
Harvard
Lexington HS
"Michael Belmont College"
"Minnesota River Valley"
Mira Loma HS
North Carolina A
North Carolina B
"Squidward Community College"
Texas A&M
William Fremd HS
"Yoo Academy"
All of our buzzes can become powers if we have the courage to neg.
Sinecio Morales
(Rockford) Auburn HS '23
Johns Hopkins University '27