2022 ARCADIA at Northwestern (11/12/22)

Old college threads.
bikeown
Lulu

2022 ARCADIA at Northwestern (11/12/22)

Post by bikeown »

The Midwest mirror of ARCADIIA will be held in person at Northwestern University on Saturday, November 12th, 2022. More information about the set can be found here. I, Beni Keown, will be tournament director. I can be reached by email at [email protected].

Logistics:
The tournament will be held on November 12th at the Technological Institute on Northwestern's campus (2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL). Gameplay will start at 9 AM Central time.

Fees and Payment:
Base Fee: $120
Minimum Fee: $50
  • Buzzer discount: -$10 per working buzzer
  • Staffer discount: -$15 per staffer (all staffers must bring a laptop)
  • Travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles traveled (one-way)
  • New to quizbowl discount: -$20. A team is considered new to quizbowl if they have not played a college tournament (excluding novice-only tournaments) since before September 1st, 2021.
We are able to accept payment by Venmo or check.

Rules and Code of Conduct:
This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules with their addendum for the inclusion of powermarks. Any team that complies with ACF's eligibility rules may play.

Northwestern Quizbowl is committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels welcome and safe. To this end, all attendees are expected to abide by the 2021 WORKSHOP Code of Conduct, with online-specific protocols adjusted for being in person.

To register for the tournament (or if you have any questions), please email me at [email protected]. This tournament will have an initial field cap of 16 teams.

Field (as of 11/9): 10/16
Chicago x3
Grinnell x2
Michigan
Purdue x2
UIUC x2
Beni Keown
Evanston '19
Northwestern '23
bikeown
Lulu

Re: 2022 ARCADIA at Northwestern (11/12/22)

Post by bikeown »

Congratulations to Chicago B (Vivek Sasse, Ned Tagtmeier, Liam Starnes, Amogh Kulkarni) who went 12-0 to win this tournament! Full stats are available here. Thanks for coming out!
Beni Keown
Evanston '19
Northwestern '23