Age of Empires @ Chicago Open (8/4)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
Periplus of the Erythraean Sea
Auron

Age of Empires @ Chicago Open (8/4)

Post by Periplus of the Erythraean Sea » Tue May 28, 2019 5:59 pm

This is the official announcement for the mirror of Age of Empires at Chicago Open. This tournament will be run the Sunday after the main Chicago Open tournament, in some order with Scattergories.

More details about this tournament can be found at this link. For those who may be hesitant about playing an "ancient world tournament" I will offer this - though the difficulty and feel is "similar to 2015 CO Visual Arts / Jordaens," there's a lot of very accessible answers and a pretty wide range of subject material across a ton of world cultures, and a non-zero number of clues exploring more recent interactions with the ancient world. That said, staff are also highly appreciated!

The signup sheet may be found here. For now, there is no field cap. Please note that I will be assigning team names based on various cheat codes / taunts from Age of Empires II, unless you would like to request a specific team name. If you'd like to request a specific one, feel free to ask! Here are lists of cheats and taunts that you can pick from.
Will Alston
Bethesda Chevy Chase HS '12, Dartmouth '16, Columbia Business School '21
NAQT Writer and Subject Editor

Cheynem
Sin

Re: Age of Empires @ Chicago Open (8/4)

Post by Cheynem » Tue May 28, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm happy to staff unless you have a surplus of staffers, and then will join a team that needs someone who knows nothing.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger

The Billiards Fool
Wakka

Post by The Billiards Fool » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Cheynem wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:14 pm
I'm happy to staff unless you have a surplus of staffers, and then will join a team that needs someone who knows nothing.
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '20

Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Periplus of the Erythraean Sea wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:59 pm
If you'd like to request a specific one, feel free to ask! Here are lists of cheats and taunts that you can pick from.
can we be "to smithereens" please
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??
Member, ACF
Member, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT