SUNGOD at Toronto (November 17th, 2018)

Old college threads.
everdiso
Wakka

SUNGOD at Toronto (November 17th, 2018)

Post by everdiso »

The University of Toronto is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a mirror of SUNGOD on Saturday, November 17th, 2018. This is a closed, regular-difficulty tournament; more information can be found in the global announcement. On the Sunday following the tournament, we will be hosting several movie side events.

Logistics

The tournament will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 17th. It will be held on the campus of the University of Toronto at Sidney Smith Hall, on the west side of St. George Street just south of Harbord Street, about a 5-minute walk south from St. George Station. The control room will be 2120, on the second floor. Note that the tournament will begin at 10:00 a.m. sharp, so all players should be in the control room by 9:45. If you are at all late, the tournament will still start at 10:00 without you.

Prices and Payment

Base fee: $130
Shorthanded discount: $20 per missing player.
Buzzer discount: $10 per functioning system
Staffer discount: $10 per capable staffer with laptop
Travel discount: $10 if the school is at least 200 kilometres away from U of T.
Early payment discount: $10 if you pay me online by Thursday, November 15th (or, like, fucking mail a cheque that gets to me by then or something, I guess??). E-transfers can be sent to [email protected].
Penalty: $10 will be added to your fee per buzzer set or staffer that you sign up to bring but show up without. This will not apply if you let me know beforehand (this does not mean the morning of or night before) that you won't be bringing them, or if there's a legitimate reason (e.g. the would-be staffer is sick).

In addition, staffers will get a free lunch up to $15 as long as they show up on time to start round 1 at 10:00 and the first round after lunch at the time it is set for.

Payment will be accepted in etransfer, cash or cheque made out to "University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club".

Registration

Registration is now closed.

Field

Free Agents (Adam and Ian)
McGill (Akhil and Jack)
Queen's
Toronto A
Toronto B
Toronto C
Toronto D
Toronto J

Comment in this thread, message me or email me if you have any questions. I hope to see many of you there!
Last edited by everdiso on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Kasiński
University of Toronto, 2020
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

Re: SUNGOD at Toronto (November 17th, 2018)

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

Nice seeing y'all this weekend!

Toronto A defeated Toronto J in the 2nd game of an advantage final to win the tournament.

Stats
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020
everdiso
Wakka

Re: SUNGOD at Toronto (November 17th, 2018)

Post by everdiso »

Here are the stats for the Sunday movie side events.

Overall standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Top room scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Bottom room scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

In the end, I haven't set up any official final standings because I couldn't decide on a good way to aggregate the scores of tournaments with different lengths and different amounts of players. However, our three champions were Milan (BUMPY 2), Christine (FILM) and Andrew (Chomping Down at Shoney's), so congratulations to all three of them for terrific performances.
Paul Kasiński
University of Toronto, 2020