The new board staff

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Matt Weiner
Sin

The new board staff

Post by Matt Weiner »

The board has added some new staffers and selected the chief administrator for the term extending through the end of June 2013.

Your chief admin for the next year and change will be Jeff Hoppes. This is effective immediately. I will rejoin the regular administrator ranks, along with newly promoted admins Susan Ferrari and Dan Goff, and existing admins Rob Carson, Pat Freeburn, and Mike "on hiatus" Sorice.

Our new moderators are Sarah Angelo, Will Butler, Mike Cheyne, Kyle Haddad-Fonda, and Jon Pinyan, who join existing moderators Andrew Hart and Chris Ray.

I think the board is in good shape after my transitional period, and I welcome Jeff's time in office.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: The new board staff

Post by Important Bird Area »

Andy Watkins has resigned his position on the board staff; I would like to thank him for his service to the forum community.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Fred Morlan has retired from the board staff after nine years, including a total of four as the Chief Admin. Fred is cool. Invite him to your parties.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Dan Goff has gone on hiatus as a board staffer.

Jasper Lee, Daniel Hothem, and Max Schindler have been promoted to moderators.

We expect to have an announcement about a new chief administrator within the next few weeks.
Matt Weiner
vinteuil
Auron

Post by vinteuil »

Congratulations to all the new moderators!
Jacob R., ex-Chicago