Is there a team at Emory?

This forum is for anyone seeking advice on starting a collegiate team, branching out into new types of tournaments, or other "how-to" aspects of collegiate quizbowl.
Blau Space
Lulu

Is there a team at Emory?

Post by Blau Space »

I will be attending Emory college in Atlanta next fall. I would love to continue playing academic bowl in college, but I am not sure if there is a team at Emory. If there is not a team, is there anyone I could contact in regards to possibly reforming the team?
Anne Reynolds
Bainbridge High School '12
Emory University '16
Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant
Yuna

Re: Is there a team at Emory?

Post by Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant »

A few years ago there was a player who attended one of GT's tournaments solo, but I don't know if she ever actually formed/resurrected a club there. I think her name was Nina Charap.
Farrah Bilimoria
Formerly of Georgia Tech and Central High School (Macon)
nadph
Rikku

Post by nadph »

A player named Vamsi Tata was also active in 2010, attending an MUT mirror at NGCSU.
Nikhil Desai
Bellarmine College Prep '12
Stanford '18 (leave of absence 2016-17)
Blau Space
Lulu

Post by Blau Space »

Little late in coming, but we've managed to put together a club at Emory! We were just approved for a temporary club charter. Now we've just got to work on fundraising and finding buzzers and the such.
Anne Reynolds
Emory University '16
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Blau Space wrote:Little late in coming, but we've managed to put together a club at Emory! We were just approved for a temporary club charter. Now we've just got to work on fundraising and finding buzzers and the such.
Is Emily Moore on your team? She went to Lakeside High School in Seattle and was interested in playing on a quizbowl team at Emory. If not, let me know and I can give you her contact info.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Blau Space
Lulu

Post by Blau Space »

Mike Bentley wrote:
Blau Space wrote:Little late in coming, but we've managed to put together a club at Emory! We were just approved for a temporary club charter. Now we've just got to work on fundraising and finding buzzers and the such.
Is Emily Moore on your team? She went to Lakeside High School in Seattle and was interested in playing on a quizbowl team at Emory. If not, let me know and I can give you her contact info.
She is! :) Or, she's expressed interest, at least.
Anne Reynolds
Emory University '16
Ethnic history of the Vilnius region
Auron

Post by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region »

This is really good news. If you all are interested in hosting a tournament at some point, I'd be interested in reading or helping with logistics or whatever. Hosting a tournament is probably a good fund-raising bet for you all as Atlanta is a place easily accessible by most teams in the Southeast.
Eric D.
University of South Carolina Alum
Blau Space
Lulu

Post by Blau Space »

Ethnic history of the Vilnius region wrote:
This is really good news. If you all are interested in hosting a tournament at some point, I'd be interested in reading or helping with logistics or whatever. Hosting a tournament is probably a good fund-raising bet for you all as Atlanta is a place easily accessible by most teams in the Southeast.
We're definitely interested in hosting tournaments! We're planning on at least trying to host a high school tournament in the Spring semester, if we can, because there are so many active HS teams in and around the Atlanta area. We'd also love to host a Collegiate tournament, as well.
Anne Reynolds
Emory University '16