ICT Prediction Thread

Old college threads.
Fond du lac operon
Wakka

Re: ICT Prediction Thread

Post by Fond du lac operon »

SirT wrote:Jake + Harrison put up 15 PPB on Penn Bowl. To be fair, that was an ACF and not an NAQT tournament, but it shows pretty well how they scale up on harder questions.
I don't think that level of play on DII SCT questions is an accurate predictor of DI ICT performance, but I don't know that cherrypicking one tournament that half the team played is, either. I think a better argument would be ACF Regionals, where me+Jake+JT put up a not-very-good-but-not-terrible 15.5 ppb, which (IIRC) was good for 15th nationally (with some teams playing at partial strength, of course).

EDIT: But I really don't want this to turn into some "Alabama's great/Alabama sucks" flamewar, so I'll just say that, IMO, we'll most likely end up somewhere south of 9th place and somewhere north of 20th.
Harrison Brown
Centennial '08, Alabama '13

"No idea what [he's] talking about."
Cody
2008-09 Male Athlete of the Year

Post by Cody »

Serious Games Showcase and Challenge wrote:We're not exactly adding two nontrivial components to the "Jake/Harrison one-two punch" or whatever people fathom our team to be. In addition, we have obvious strengths that NAQT sets allow us to exploit. In addition, I'm presuming the science editing is going to be good in all subject areas, so that should benefit us as well (Not saying Penn Bowl's science editor was anything but good, but I'm expecting ICT's science editing to be far above the average for this year). Harrison is not our leading scorer or necessarily our best player, he's "another scorer" - we have four people that can do that - who the best player is almost always changes from round to round. Just because Dargan has been MIA doesn't mean I will kill him before the tournament or that he doesn't provide as much scoring as the guy to the left or right of him on our team, or maybe the guy two seats down.
You can post about how good you actually are all you want; no matter what you or Bradley Kirksey think, you're not going to finish tenth, ninth or in the top bracket.
What is it like to be a Batman? wrote:I don't think that level of play on DII SCT questions is an accurate predictor of DI ICT performance, but I don't know that cherrypicking one tournament that half the team played is, either. I think a better argument would be ACF Regionals, where me+Jake+JT put up a not-very-good-but-not-terrible 15.5 ppb, which (IIRC) was good for 15th nationally (with some teams playing at partial strength, of course).

EDIT: But I really don't want this to turn into some "Alabama's great/Alabama sucks" flamewar, so I'll just say that, IMO, we'll most likely end up somewhere south of 9th place and somewhere north of 20th.
I really wasn't cherrypicking; it was just the first tournament that came to mind that I thought Alabama might have played. Your Regionals performance simply corroborates my point about scaling up. (I'm not trying to say you suck--I just don't think you'll do as well as your D2 SCT performance suggests. Judging by your post, I think you agree).
women, fire and dangerous things wrote:Off topic, but that's an awesome avatar, Cody. I'm going to go watch that video right now.
Thanks! Grimes is amazing; check out Visions if you haven't already.
Cody Voight, VCU ’14.
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

SirT wrote:You can post about how good you actually are all you want; no matter what you or Bradley Kirksey think, you're not going to finish tenth, ninth or in the top bracket.
I'm not the one "bragging about being good" or anything. I'm just saying that you seem to assume that adding our two other parts will make a nontrivial difference in where we end up at the end of the day, which is so far from the truth it's not even funny. You use a Penn Bowl stat that cannot possibly determine the quality of our entire team as half of our team was not in attendance. Where we end up is where we end up, and there's no real way to determine where it will be with the statistics that you have available because you haven't been given anything tangible to work with. You can't say for sure that we won't end up in the top 10 with what you have available, like you can't say we will. My prediction that we would finish 10th wasn't some kind of attack on the community, it was a legitimate prediction based on what I know about my team. For what it's worth, I think our D-value definitely would have been a bit higher if we were given the chance to play the DI set at full strength against a decent field.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Let's go back to making jokes about David Seal.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Rufous-capped Thornbill
Tidus

Post by Rufous-capped Thornbill »

Cheynem wrote:Let's go back to making jokes about David Seal.
and they say spite is dead
Jarret Greene
South Range '10 / Ohio State '13 / Vermont '17
Cody

Post by Cody »

Serious Games Showcase and Challenge wrote:I'm not the one "bragging about being good" or anything. I'm just saying that you seem to assume that adding our two other parts will make a nontrivial difference in where we end up at the end of the day, which is so far from the truth it's not even funny. You use a Penn Bowl stat that cannot possibly determine the quality of our entire team as half of our team was not in attendance. Where we end up is where we end up, and there's no real way to determine where it will be with the statistics that you have available because you haven't been given anything tangible to work with. You can't say for sure that we won't end up in the top 10 with what you have available, like you can't say we will. My prediction that we would finish 10th wasn't some kind of attack on the community, it was a legitimate prediction based on what I know about my team. For what it's worth, I think our D-value definitely would have been a bit higher if we were given the chance to play the DI set at full strength against a decent field.
I'm assuming no such thing and you're a nitwit for thinking so (and a further nitwit for pulling the Dargan Ware card AGAIN). I'm not predicating any prediction (especially considering mine is you won't finish as high as you or Bradley think) based on how you did at x tournament--my point was simply to show that you don't scale up as well as the other top teams. I'll tell you what, $10,000. $10,000 bet says you don't finish in the top 10. I can also assure you that your D value would have been much worse if you'd played the DI set at full strength against three bad southern teams, let alone a decent field.
Cody Voight, VCU ’14.
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

SirT wrote:I'll tell you what, $10,000. $10,000 bet says you don't finish in the top 10.
The thread just went full Mitt Romney.
Last edited by Rococo A Go Go on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Fond du lac operon
Wakka

In an attempt to restore some jokey spirit to this thread:
SirT wrote: $10,000 bet says you don't finish in the top 10.
CODY VOIGHT
IS
MITT ROMNEY
IN
"ILL-CONCEIVED AND TERRIBLY ANNOYING INTERNET ARGUMENTS"

Edit: Actually, that just came off as bitchy, which is because I'm annoyed, because no one outside of Jake Sundberg and maybe Cody Voight cares about this stupid argument, including me. Except it'll reflect poorly on Jake and thus I get to bask in some of the reflected Internet-Tough-Guyness, o joy! o rapture!
Last edited by Fond du lac operon on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harrison Brown

The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

SirT wrote:
Serious Games Showcase and Challenge wrote:I'm not the one "bragging about being good" or anything. I'm just saying that you seem to assume that adding our two other parts will make a nontrivial difference in where we end up at the end of the day, which is so far from the truth it's not even funny. You use a Penn Bowl stat that cannot possibly determine the quality of our entire team as half of our team was not in attendance. Where we end up is where we end up, and there's no real way to determine where it will be with the statistics that you have available because you haven't been given anything tangible to work with. You can't say for sure that we won't end up in the top 10 with what you have available, like you can't say we will. My prediction that we would finish 10th wasn't some kind of attack on the community, it was a legitimate prediction based on what I know about my team. For what it's worth, I think our D-value definitely would have been a bit higher if we were given the chance to play the DI set at full strength against a decent field.
I'm assuming no such thing and you're a nitwit for thinking so (and a further nitwit for pulling the Dargan Ware card AGAIN). I'm not predicating any prediction (especially considering mine is you won't finish as high as you or Bradley think) based on how you did at x tournament--my point was simply to show that you don't scale up as well as the other top teams. I'll tell you what, $10,000. $10,000 bet says you don't finish in the top 10. I can also assure you that your D value would have been much worse if you'd played the DI set at full strength against three bad southern teams, let alone a decent field.
I don't have that much money, Mitt. But I do have $20 in my pocket. Let's bet $20.

Caveat: We have to end this annoying discussion immediately.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
mhayes
Rikku

Post by mhayes »

Oh boy...
Matt Hayes

Unaffiliated
Cody

Post by Cody »

Serious Games Showcase and Challenge wrote:
SirT wrote:
I don't have that much money, Mitt. But I do have $20 in my pocket. Let's bet $20.

Caveat: We have to end this annoying discussion immediately.
Done. (note: neither do I)
Cody Voight, VCU ’14.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

Serious Games Showcase and Challenge wrote:We have to end this annoying discussion immediately.
Speaking as chief admin, this is an excellent idea.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Back to predictions:

I think Chipola College has a real shot to be (I think) only the second CC team to make the top bracket in DII. Certainly their top player, Paul Kelson, will score a shit ton of points.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
mhayes
Rikku

Post by mhayes »

ValenciaQBowl wrote:I think Chipola College has a real shot to be (I think) only the second CC team to make the top bracket in DII.
Based on their numbers, I think you're right.
Matt Hayes

Unaffiliated
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

So, sorry for being a dumbass. I'll keep my mouth shut about d1 matters and other such concepts I cannot comprehend, and look forward to Chicago.

I really can't wait for it all, though. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul get an ungodly number of points, either.
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)
Cooper98
Wakka

Post by Cooper98 »

mhayes wrote:
ValenciaQBowl wrote:I think Chipola College has a real shot to be (I think) only the second CC team to make the top bracket in DII.
Based on their numbers, I think you're right.

Just as long as it's not Valencia!
Owen Cooper
Gadsden City High School '07
Alabama '11

Out of business.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

We'll be there with two teams, and we'd a-beat Snead, too, exceptn them weren't able get a invite.
Chris Borglum
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

When will coach Borglum be on the "hot seat"--Valencia hasn't won a title in three years now...perhaps it's time for younger blood.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

Cooper98
Wakka

Post by Cooper98 »

ValenciaQBowl wrote:We'll be there with two teams, and we'd a-beat Snead, too, exceptn them weren't able get a invite.
Sadly all Snead's talent graduated to bigger and better things.
Owen Cooper
Alabama '11

Out of business.
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

Cheynem wrote:When will coach Borglum be on the "hot seat"--Valencia hasn't won a title in three years now...perhaps it's time for younger blood.
Let's just hope more Kelsons don't pop up.
Kay, Chicago.
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

I do have to wonder if my points per game would go up if I legally renamed myself Kelson. I think yes.
Bradley Kirksey
Cooper98
Wakka

Post by Cooper98 »

As for my prediction: Yale in D1, Michigan State D2, and (yet again) Chipola as top cc.
Owen Cooper
Alabama '11

Out of business.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

When will coach Borglum be on the "hot seat"--Valencia hasn't won a title in three years now...perhaps it's time for younger blood.
My seat is already hot because my ass is in it!!! Ohhhhhhhhh!!!

It would be awesome if there were enough attention to our game to have alumni calling for my head; maybe someone can start the "Fire Borglum" website now (though that firing would probably be predicated on my many moral failings rather than coaching).

But in seriousness, it's a bummer that in terms of pure knowledge I've got the best team I've ever had this year and we can't come close to Paul's Chipola team. But I've got a good one coming back, so when y'all see him in Chicago, encourage him to head to UF now`rather than spend another year in CC.
Chris Borglum
49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive »

Cooper98 wrote:
ValenciaQBowl wrote:We'll be there with two teams, and we'd a-beat Snead, too, exceptn them weren't able get a invite.
Sadly all Snead's talent graduated to bigger and better things.
Roll Tide!!, but to get back on topic I'll throw my two cents in the prediction pool.

Division 1: Yale (Tough choice because I could also see Bollinger and UVA winning it too)
Division 2: MSU - They basically blew everyone out of the water at their sectional and Joe has a nice supporting cast of players. Harvard is definitely going to be in contention as well, I'd love to watch a match between them and MSU.
Top CC: Chipola, they have a Kelson. No further explanation needed there.

As a side note, I'd love to play Valencia and get revenge from the CCCT loss to them on a trash question last year! (Bring it on Borglum :cool: )
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19
The Goffman Prophecies
Quizbowl Detective Extraordinaire

Post by The Goffman Prophecies »

Borglum on the hot seat? No doubt the first person to rush to his defense will be Willie Nelson.
Dan Goff
HSQB sysadmin

Virginia Tech '13
South Carolina '15
and a couple other places
Not Thomas Dale HS

STAAATS
mhayes
Rikku

Post by mhayes »

Cheynem wrote:Valencia hasn't won a title in three years now...perhaps it's time for younger blood.
As the cliché goes, "it's time for Valencia to move in another direction."
Matt Hayes

Unaffiliated
Habitat_Against_Humanity
Rikku

Post by Habitat_Against_Humanity »

I'm too far out of the loop to make accurate predictions about D2, but if I had to make a list of pretty-decent-to-downright-impressive-at-times players that most people haven't heard of, MSU's Shan Kothari would certainly be pretty high on the list. I'm really interested to see how MSU does.
Rachel
UChicago 09
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

I see the front-runners for DII as Harvard (tough to beat if Graham and David both play which I think they are) and Michigan State (who put up superb numbers at their sectional). Notre Dame is pretty solid, as is Michigan. The Minnesota team that had the 4th highest D-value at SCT is adding the second highest scorer from the 17th highest D value team, so that team will hopefully make some noise too.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

prodski
Lulu

Post by prodski »

ValenciaQBowl wrote:
My seat is already hot because my ass is in it!!! Ohhhhhhhhh!!!

It would be awesome if there were enough attention to our game to have alumni calling for my head; maybe someone can start the "Fire Borglum" website now (though that firing would probably be predicated on my many moral failings rather than coaching).

But in seriousness, it's a bummer that in terms of pure knowledge I've got the best team I've ever had this year and we can't come close to Paul's Chipola team. But I've got a good one coming back, so when y'all see him in Chicago, encourage him to head to UF now`rather than spend another year in CC.
I will address the elephant in the room. I will neither confirm nor deny that Valencia has contacted me concerning a possible coaching opportunity with a formerly successful student group at their institution. I will address this issue further at the conclusion of the tournament Saturday in Chicago. It is nice to be mentioned with the likes of some great coaches, but I am not leaving Kentucky - whether it be for the Valencia opening or the Knicks job.

Predictions: Chipola finishes 3rd, and U of L takes down big blue in a shocker.
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Jefferson Community & Technical College
Louisville, KY. 40272
Steeve Ho You Fat
Auron

Post by Steeve Ho You Fat »

Habitat_Against_Humanity wrote:I'm too far out of the loop to make accurate predictions about D2, but if I had to make a list of pretty-decent-to-downright-impressive-at-times players that most people haven't heard of, MSU's Shan Kothari would certainly be pretty high on the list. I'm really interested to see how MSU does.
Yeah, thanks everyone for mentioning me, but we would not be half the team we are without Shan. I'd never heard of him until I started at MSU this year, and now he just randomly first lines tossups on things noone else on our team knows.
Joe Nutter
PACE Emeritus
Michigan State University '14
Walnut Hills High School '11
Muriel Axon
Tidus

Post by Muriel Axon »

Yeah, thanks everyone for mentioning me, but we would not be half the team we are without Shan. I'd never heard of him until I started at MSU this year, and now he just randomly first lines tossups on things noone else on our team knows.
At the risk of turning this into some kind of festival of mutual congratulations, I would say Connor is probably the most impressive player on our team most of the time. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if you did better at ICT, though, especially since you're more of an NAQT player. I'm not too quick on the buzz, so I doubt that much of our success can be attributed to me, except inasmuch as I help our PPB.

My prediction for DII, of course, is either us or Harvard. But I wouldn't underestimate Michigan, especially now that besides Peter and Ryan, I think they'll also have Rob Cernak.
Shan Kothari

Plymouth High School '10
University of Minnesota '20
Skepticism and Animal Feed
Auron

Post by Skepticism and Animal Feed »

Maybe this year the Valencias, Harvards, and UVA's of the world will still be the favorites, but unless our schools start taking ICT a lot more seriously, we are going to fall behind the Icelandic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Icela ... ionPie.svg
Bruce
Harvard '10 / UChicago '07 / Roycemore School '04
ACF Member emeritus
My guide to using Wikipedia as a question source
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Skepticism and Animal Feed wrote:Maybe this year the Valencias, Harvards, and UVA's of the world will still be the favorites, but unless our schools start taking ICT a lot more seriously, we are going to fall behind the Icelandic:

Ghana and its star player Kofi Annan are also a country to watch out for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana-Indi ... nce_in_ICT
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Fond du lac operon
Wakka

Skepticism and Animal Feed wrote:Maybe this year the Valencias, Harvards, and UVA's of the world will still be the favorites, but unless our schools start taking ICT a lot more seriously, we are going to fall behind the Icelandic:

America will be fine as long as NAQT doesn't cave and start including 1/1 Halldor Laxness per packet.
Harrison Brown

bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

Another great prediction: Chris Ray ends in the top half of all scorers.
Bradley Kirksey
Windows ME
Wakka

Post by Windows ME »

What is it like to be a Batman? wrote:

America will be fine as long as NAQT doesn't cave and start including 1/1 Halldor Laxness per packet.
because 1/1 Canada has totally boosted all Canadian high school teams into national contention...
Sinan U.
U of Toronto 2010
U of Alberta 2015
Gautam
Auron

Post by Gautam »

What is it like to be a Batman? wrote:

People in the money will be banking on tossups on Gunnar Gunnarson (have we broken the individual character from Njals saga barrier yet?)

Halldor Laxness, as they say, is so 'two thousand and late'... I remember answering a tossup on Independent people at 2007 IO Lit. I'm sure others can relate.
Gautam - ACF
Currently tending to the 'quizbowl hobo' persuasion.
Muriel Axon
Tidus

Post by Muriel Axon »

People in the money will be banking on tossups on Gunnar Gunnarson (have we broken the individual character from Njals saga barrier yet?)
Wasn't Gunnar Gunnarson the recent writer, and Gunnarr Hamundarson the dude from the Njals saga? Or am I just confused?
Shan Kothari

Plymouth High School '10
Gautam
Auron

Post by Gautam »

Qmwne235 wrote:
Wasn't Gunnar Gunnarson the recent writer, and Gunnarr Hamundarson the dude from the Njals saga? Or am I just confused?
You're right. Its been hopeless to try and remember similar sounding names, now that I've been away from the game for so long.
Gautam - ACF
Currently tending to the 'quizbowl hobo' persuasion.
Cooper98
Wakka

Post by Cooper98 »

Even though I hate most of the team. Roll Tide! Play to win.
Owen Cooper
Alabama '11

Out of business.
Tees-Exe Line
Tidus

Post by Tees-Exe Line »

So, based on the evidence from this thread, it would appear that the person whose forecasts you should be taking most seriously would be none other than Charles Martin.
Marshall I. Steinbaum

Oxford University (2002-2005)
University of Chicago (2008-2014)
University of Utah (2019- )

Get in the elevator.
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

NEVER
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

You should have seen the predictions he was balancing in his other hand.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

SirT wrote:I'm assuming no such thing and you're a nitwit for thinking so (and a further nitwit for pulling the Dargan Ware card AGAIN). I'm not predicating any prediction (especially considering mine is you won't finish as high as you or Bradley think) based on how you did at x tournament--my point was simply to show that you don't scale up as well as the other top teams. I'll tell you what, $10,000. $10,000 bet says you don't finish in the top 10. I can also assure you that your D value would have been much worse if you'd played the DI set at full strength against three bad southern teams, let alone a decent field.
1. $20 coming your way, just send me an address I can mail a check to in a PM.
2. I was two spots off, geez. The nitwit loses despite pulling his famous card.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
Fond du lac operon
Wakka

Serious Games Showcase and Challenge wrote:1. $20 coming your way, just send me an address I can mail a check to in a PM.
2. I was two spots off, geez. The nitwit loses despite pulling his famous card.
Serious Games Showcase and Challenge also wrote:We have to end this annoying discussion immediately.

Also, I'm severely disappointed nobody saw Delaware coming in DII. Was one of their players recruited by UVA or something, but then decided to stay in-state to be closer to their deafblind sister?
Harrison Brown

AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

if you gaze at the alabama navel for too long, it gazes back at you
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Muriel Axon
Tidus

Post by Muriel Axon »

Also, I'm severely disappointed nobody saw Delaware coming in DII. Was one of their players recruited by UVA or something, but then decided to stay in-state to be closer to their deafblind sister?
I didn't see them coming, and I'm not shocked that nobody else saw them coming. Nobody saw Delaware coming because they just didn't do very well at sectionals. What I'm guessing happened is that one of their players (probably Joe Brosch) couldn't go to sectionals but did make it to ICT. They were a good team all around and put up a good fight the two times we played against them.

What was perhaps more surprising was UCF. Even though their D-value was 12th, I definitely did not expect them to make it into the top bracket. In retrospect, I should have.
Shan Kothari

Plymouth High School '10
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

Nah. Delaware can keep their shocker of the year award. They come off the wait list the week of ICT. One of their players said he spent about 11 hours a day on quiz bowl during spring break. And it evidently paid off. Good for them.

Thanks, though. We did far better than any of us reasonably expected. I was convinced when I saw our bracket we would end up 4-3 and in second bracket.

I still wish we didn't lose to Valencia B and could have played Harvard for a national championship.
Bradley Kirksey
Muriel Axon
Tidus

Post by Muriel Axon »

bradleykirksey wrote:Nah. Delaware can keep their shocker of the year award. They come off the wait list the week of ICT. One of their players said he spent about 11 hours a day on quiz bowl during spring break. And it evidently paid off. Good for them.
Really? Wow, that really is impressive. Do you know if any of their ICT players were actually missing at sectionals?
bradleykirksey wrote:I still wish we didn't lose to Valencia B and could have played Harvard for a national championship.
I was surprised to learn during lunchtime that you guys had won the bracket outright, only to lose to Valencia B. I feel the same way about our prelim loss to MIT, which should not have happened - especially considering that we beat them pretty soundly later in the day. But if either of us had won those prelim games, we still would've tied with NYU, right?

What happened in the Valencia B game, anyway?
Shan Kothari

Plymouth High School '10
mastaloo
Wakka

Post by mastaloo »

Just to clarify, we brought the same sectionals team plus one player, and I think the 4th player (Matt) really helped us in tight situations, whereas we had lost some of those close games at SCT. And I don't want to sound corny, but I just want to give a shout out to all of the teams in the top bracket, I had never been in a 4 way tie like that before and almost all of the matches in the bracket were close and intense. I think I aged a little by the end of the tournament.
Alex Gross
Delaware '14

"I have something to say about the difference between American and European cities. But I've forgotten what it is. I have it written down at home somewhere." - David Byrne