PACE NSC is Looking for Staffers

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
The King's Flight to the Scots
Auron

PACE NSC is Looking for Staffers

Post by The King's Flight to the Scots »

Hey everyone!
PACE is looking for people to staff the 2012 National Scholastics Championship, which will be held on June 9 & 10 at Washington University in St. Louis. We are planning to run a tight ship at this year's tournament and would like to secure the best available staffers in advance.

As in past years, we are providing travel reimbursement, meals, and lodging to staffers, given that we provide our approval first. We can reimburse travel up to $300, and team affiliated scorekeepers or volunteers local to St. Louis who commute or otherwise do not claim reimbursement can get $50 cash. If you do not plan to drive and cannot find tickets for under $300, you can talk to PACE Treasurer Aaron Rosenberg individually about plans before purchasing.

If you're interested in staffing or have any questions, please contact me, Matt Bollinger, at [email protected]

If you can staff, you will make it that much easier for us to run a solid tournament this year. Thank you for helping high school quizbowl run, and we look forward to seeing you in St. Louis for the NSC.

Matt Bollinger
Staff Coordinator, PACE NSC 2012
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
Mike Bentley
Sin

Re: PACE NSC is Looking for Staffers

Post by Mike Bentley »

I know that there are many people out there anxious to hear about whether PACE will be expanding the field for the NSC or not. One of the key considerations in our decision whether to expand the field for the NSC or not is whether we are able to secure enough staffers to run the tournament. Thus, if you're interested in staffing but haven't yet responded, please do so as soon as possible so we can have up to date information on the staffing situation. Thanks!
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Lagotto Romagnolo
Tidus

Post by Lagotto Romagnolo »

I would like to remind all staffers to book their flights as soon as possible if they can find tickets for under $300, as fares will rise as the tournament approaches.

EDIT: If you need to reach me, my email is cursednine AT gmail DOT com
Last edited by Lagotto Romagnolo on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron Rosenberg
Langley HS '07 / Brown '11 / Illinois '14
tiwonge
Yuna

Post by tiwonge »

The price for a flight out of Boise rose from ~$340 when I checked last month to ~$430 when I checked last night. Unless the price drops significantly, I'm not sure I'll be able to come.
Colin McNamara, Boise State University
Member, PACE
Idaho Quiz & Academic Teams
Lagotto Romagnolo
Tidus

Post by Lagotto Romagnolo »

One other note: please try to book flights for Friday. If you plan on arriving in St. Louis on Thursday and staying in the hotel that night, please clear it with me first.
Aaron Rosenberg
Langley HS '07 / Brown '11 / Illinois '14