Wiss-Wash (Wissahickon's mirror of WUHSAC) - Cancelled

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
anderson
Lulu

Wiss-Wash (Wissahickon's mirror of WUHSAC) - Cancelled

Post by anderson »

Wissahickon High School will be hosting Wiss-Wash (Wissahickon's mirror of Washington University's WUHSAC) on March 24, 2012, as our team’s (Andrew, Nate, and Anderson) graduation project. To register, please email us at wissahickonquizbowl AT gmail.com with school name, number of teams, number of buzzers, and number of moderators.

Set Information and Format
More information about the WUHSAC set can be found here. Games will be 20/20 packets, with neg fives, no powers, and no bouncebacks on bonuses.

We’re not sure what kind of field we’ll get, but we’re aiming for 16-24 teams, in which case we would do preliminary and playoff brackets followed by finals. At a minimum, we will guarantee that each team will play 8 rounds.

Fee Structure
$65 for first team
$60 for each subsequent team
-$5 for each buzzer system
-$10 for each volunteer moderator
-$10 for each 100 miles travelled one way

Payable by check (details to follow) or cash.

Wissahickon’s address is 521 Houston Road, Ambler PA 19002. It is located in a suburb of Philadelphia and is about a 90-minute drive from central NJ. Specific information regarding when and where to enter and room assignment will follow closer to the date of the tournament.

Field (teams, buzzers, moderators)
St. Joseph (3,2,1?)
Last edited by anderson on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anderson Wang
Wissahickon HS '12
MIT '16
andrewniess
Kimahri

Re: Wiss-Wash (Wissahickon's mirror of WUHSAC) - 3/24/12

Post by andrewniess »

Hello, everyone. I'm Anderson's teammate, Andrew.

I want to encourage teams expressing mere interest in our tournament to email us—no need to know exactly how many teams/buzzers/moderators you will have for you to email us. We look forward to your responses and appreciate your interest.

You can contact us at wissahickonquizbowl AT gmail.com with any questions or interest regarding the Wiss-Wash tournament.

Thanks!
Andrew Niess, 12th grade, Wissahickon High School
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Hey, I don't think WUHSAC is a good enough set to warrant being mirrored and would hope for the sake of your field you look into mirroring something of a higher quality.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

College Park Spyders wrote:Hey, I don't think WUHSAC is a good enough set to warrant being mirrored and would hope for the sake of your field you look into mirroring something of a higher quality.
We're making extensive edits to the tournament, and will be happy to submit the set for your appraisal before this mirror to see if you find it acceptable.
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
anderson
Lulu

Re: Wiss-Wash (Wissahickon's mirror of WUHSAC) - Now 5/5/12

Post by anderson »

Due to a combination of some logistical issues and the fact that we would have to pay massive fees to keep the school open on a Sunday, this tournament is now rescheduled for 5/5/2012.

I'd like to repeat that even if you're slightly interested in coming, please e-mail us at wissahickonquizbowl AT gmail.com. We promise that the questions will be good!
Anderson Wang
Wissahickon HS '12
MIT '16
Edward Powers
Auron

Post by Edward Powers »

Saint Joe's will be there with 3 teams, 2 buzzers and possibly one moderator.
Ed Powers
Coach
SJHS Academic Team
Metuchen, NJ
andrewniess
Kimahri

Post by andrewniess »

Edward Powers wrote:Saint Joe's will be there with 3 teams, 2 buzzers and possibly one moderator.
Excellent! We'll mark you down with that information.
Andrew Niess, 12th grade, Wissahickon High School
anderson
Lulu

Post by anderson »

Unfortunately, due to a combination of a lack of interest and some school policies that we can't seem to work around, we are canceling this tournament.
Anderson Wang
Wissahickon HS '12
MIT '16
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Re: Wiss-Wash (Wissahickon's mirror of WUHSAC) - Cancelled

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

Sorry to hear that Anderson. This wasn't a weekend that would have worked for us, otherwise we'd have made the drive up since you came down to us last year.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org