2012 Rock Bridge Winter Invitational Tournament Results

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

2012 Rock Bridge Winter Invitational Tournament Results

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

On January 21st, Rock Bridge High School mirrored TJ's OLEFIN set (which was very good, thank you for hooking us up, Daniel Hothem). 28 teams ended up attending, and at the end of the day, Helias A went undefeated, beating Pilot Grove (who had also been undefeated until the last game) in the finals of the tournament. Helias B placed third, and Kirksville A placed fourth, forfeiting their superplayoff games. Thank you to all teams who attended, and thank you for bearing with us when we ran late.

Here are the statistics:
http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/852/
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Re: 2012 Rock Bridge Winter Invitational Tournament Results

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

I just want to give e bid shout-out to the OLEFIN set. That set was a FANTASTIC set for the field, and I honestly think this is one of the best sets I've read this year (right up there with HSAPQ 22). The Kirksville kids had a fantastic time playing this set, so thank you to Daniel Hothem and everyone involved in writing OLEFIN.

And I also want to thank Charlie and Rock Bridge for hosting. If they hadn't hosted, Kirksville probably wouldn't have come, and this finish in their first pyramidal tournament this year has gotten me very excited.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!