CMST 3-- call for writers!

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Stained Diviner
Auron

Re: CMST 3-- call for writers!

Post by Stained Diviner »

People who plan on writing questions should claim them very soon. Also, more writers are always welcome.
(This is not a desperation call--a little over one-fourth of the questions have been written, which is about where things should be. For many people, this is the best opportunity to get some writing experience and contribute to the circuit, and that opportunity is fading--the later you join, the less choice you get regarding your contribution.)
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

Based on the blank slots on the CMST document, here are the areas of need...

English Language Lit 5/11
Juvenile Lit 5/3
Other Language Arts 3/2 (somebody contribute something quick before I write spelling questions!)

Physical Science 6/5
Astronomy 5/5
Math 3/5 (non-comp)

Visual Arts 0/2

Religion 5/3
Mythology 0/2

Current Events 1/2
Pop Culture 0/5

Tiebreakers 9/9 (What? You pet category is missing? Write a question from any category, make it easy enough so that SOMEONE has to be able to get it by the end if it's a TU, and put it here!)

The aforementioned numbers cite only those questions that are blank and doesn't account for writers who've claimed slots on the doc... but haven't submitted questions.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the return of AHAN
Auron

Am I the only one who thinks this is going badly? We're a month away from the set allegedly being available for mirrors and we're only just now reaching the 100th TU written. There's a grand total of ONE mythology toss-ups on the doc, 12 of the 30 literature toss-ups needed, the sciences are shockingly empty... If not for David Reinstein and his indefatigable question writing, we'd have like a 1/4 of the set done and I'd be either canceling my tournament or crawling back to someone else for a tournament set for the first time in 5 years.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

We can and will do this. (I haven't written any of my tossups yet, but will do so this coming week; ugh, the bonuses got done back in December.)

Starting on February 5th I can write/edit stuff as needed (I guess with some cost re: delaying MSNCT production, but since we'll be done by 2/18, that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.)
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

I think this also calls to attention the fact that people have not written their questions. If you have questions claimed on the document, for the love of (insert deity here), please write them.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
the return of AHAN
Auron

bt_green_warbler wrote:We can and will do this. (I haven't written any of my tossups yet, but will do so this coming week; ugh, the bonuses got done back in December.)

Starting on February 5th I can write/edit stuff as needed (I guess with some cost re: delaying MSNCT production, but since we'll be done by 2/18, that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.)
And I have ZERO doubt that the Hoppeses and Laudermiths of the world will fulfill their commitments, but I'm nervous about the untested high schoolers who've committed to writing a fair amount and have been less than timely with their writing. I made a personal appeal to Donald Taylor to write 5 Astronomy TU, and I have no doubt he'll have 5 TU back to me within a matter of days.
Jeff Price
Stained Diviner
Auron

I've barely started writing questions for this. It will get done.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
Mike Wong
Lulu

Post by Mike Wong »

I can freelance questions as needed. I'll start writing as soon as I have access to the docs.
Mike Wong
Tulane University School of Medicine
A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University

Benedictine University '15
IMSA '11
Stained Diviner
Auron

You're in.
David Reinstein
tintinnabulation
Wakka

Post by tintinnabulation »

I know that this is super late, but if you're desperate enough to need a first-time writer to tie up loose literature ends, I am willing to help out.
Brittany Trang
Ohio State
Northwestern
Stained Diviner
Auron

There are only 3 unclaimed questions at this point, so I don't think there is any point in adding a new writer.
David Reinstein